Reimold has the game of his life tonight.

DocJJ

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
From what I hear, Travis Hafner will be on a rehab assignment with Akron this weekend.

How can that be? I didn't think players were allowed to be added to minor league clubs in the playoffs. It's the reason Jones is with the Orioles and not on a rehab assignment...

How can that be? I didn't think players were allowed to be added to minor league clubs in the playoffs. It's the reason Jones is with the Orioles and not on a rehab assignment...

http://www.oursportscentral.com/services/releases/?id=3714100

Don't know the official rules on post-season rehab assignments but Hafner will in fact be in uniform tomorrow.

I know it doesn't seem fair, but thats what I heard from the Akron's announcer tonight and he even said that he was starting in tomorrows game.

I know it doesn't seem fair, but thats what I heard from the Akron's announcer tonight and he even said that he was starting in tomorrows game.

Griffin has alway said the the Bowie's 4 starters all have major league stuff and it's all about consistency. David well be alright, he's going to face those types of hitter sooner than later. Might as well be tomorrow!!;)

When a team has three leftfielders and no pitching, someone gets traded.

Exactly. It would make too much sense to put Reimold in left for Bowie, but they've left him in right. I just get the impression that he will be traded no matter what he does. And I won't be happy about it.

From what I hear, Travis Hafner will be on a rehab assignment with Akron this weekend.

Nothing like inserting PRONK into your lineup to try and beat the Bowie Baysox!

Reimold's power display last night was absolutely awesome. And it was a blast to be there in person to witness it, Bergesen's 8 solid innings, and grabbing a foul ball all in the process.

When a team has three leftfielders and no pitching, someone gets traded.
Which team has 3 leftfielders?

We've got one left-fielder, one very good LF prospect, and one guy who may be able to become a starting guy, may be a bench guy, or maybe a AAAA guy.

Scott is a legit MLB starter, and Reimold and Montanez are promising, but I'm not trading any of them away simply because of the other's presence. I would move Scott to DH and Reimold and Montanez each play at the MLB level, with Reimold getting about 4-5 starts and Montanez 2-3 (with Scott sitting 1-2 games) a week.

If both Reimold and Montanez prove they can handle a full-time role, something neither has come close to doing yet, then you trade them away. If you get a really good deal that comes along that requires Reimold, then make the move, but thats the only way. Montanez doesn't have any trade value right now.

Which team has 3 leftfielders?

We've got one left-fielder, one very good LF prospect, and one guy who may be able to become a starting guy, may be a bench guy, or maybe a AAAA guy.

Scott is a legit MLB starter, and Reimold and Montanez are promising, but I'm not trading any of them away simply because of the other's presence. I would move Scott to DH and Reimold and Montanez each play at the MLB level, with Reimold getting about 4-5 starts and Montanez 2-3 (with Scott sitting 1-2 games) a week.

If both Reimold and Montanez prove they can handle a full-time role, something neither has come close to doing yet, then you trade them away. If you get a really good deal that comes along that requires Reimold, then make the move, but thats the only way. Montanez doesn't have any trade value right now.

Bolded for accuracy and emphasis.

Scott Lewis, who started game one, was in AAA at the end of the season. :rolleyestf:

Yeah, I saw that. But at least he had spent significant time at Akron during the season, and fundamentally, was a minor league player. Inserting good major league hitters into a minor league playoff game just doesn't seem cricket at all.

Archived