Reimold has the game of his life tonight.

DocJJ

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah, I saw that. But at least he had spent significant time at Akron during the season, and fundamentally, was a minor league player. Inserting good major league hitters into a minor league playoff game just doesn't seem cricket at all.
Then what should major league players who need rehab do?

I'd rather screw up the minor league playoffs by adding better players on rehab for a couple games than screw up the major league playoff run by not allowing injured players an opportunity to rehab.

Which team has 3 leftfielders?

We've got one left-fielder, one very good LF prospect, and one guy who may be able to become a starting guy, may be a bench guy, or maybe a AAAA guy.

Scott is a legit MLB starter, and Reimold and Montanez are promising, but I'm not trading any of them away simply because of the other's presence. I would move Scott to DH and Reimold and Montanez each play at the MLB level, with Reimold getting about 4-5 starts and Montanez 2-3 (with Scott sitting 1-2 games) a week.

If both Reimold and Montanez prove they can handle a full-time role, something neither has come close to doing yet, then you trade them away. If you get a really good deal that comes along that requires Reimold, then make the move, but thats the only way. Montanez doesn't have any trade value right now.

Good post. Jeez, what happened to the days when teams carried five OF's, anyway? That used to be pretty common. Of course, with Markakis and Jones, there's really no reason for either to sit much, so four probably is plenty. But I could see Scott/Reimold looking a lot like Loewenstein/Roenicke.

Good post. Jeez, what happened to the days when teams carried five OF's, anyway? That used to be pretty common. Of course, with Markakis and Jones, there's really no reason for either to sit much, so four probably is plenty. But I could see Scott/Reimold looking a lot like Loewenstein/Roenicke.
Assuming the O's coaches thinking Montanez is capable of filling once a month or so in CF when Jones needs a break, I'd actually be absolutely fine with an OF/DH next year of Markakis, Jones, Scott, Reimold, and Montanez. Scott DH's most days, Reimold plays LF most days, and Montanez is the bench guy. He can get 2 starts a week in LF and 1-2 at DH, and once a month or so even fill in for Jones or Markakis a day.

That's also assuming that we miss out on Tex and make Huff the 1B, or we get Tex and trade Huff. If we gret Tex AND keep Huff, then one of Reimold/Montanez probably need to be in the minors.

Assuming the O's coaches thinking Montanez is capable of filling once a month or so in CF when Jones needs a break, I'd actually be absolutely fine with an OF/DH next year of Markakis, Jones, Scott, Reimold, and Montanez. Scott DH's most days, Reimold plays LF most days, and Montanez is the bench guy. He can get 2 starts a week in LF and 1-2 at DH, and once a month or so even fill in for Jones or Markakis a day.

That's also assuming that we miss out on Tex and make Huff the 1B, or we get Tex and trade Huff. If we gret Tex AND keep Huff, then one of Reimold/Montanez probably need to be in the minors.

Makes sense to me, though I need to see whether Reimold is a better LF than Scott before consigning Scott to the DH role. Reimold reputedly has good speed and a good arm but doesn't have the best instincts out there.

Makes sense to me, though I need to see whether Reimold is a better LF than Scott before consigning Scott to the DH role. Reimold reputedly has good speed and a good arm but doesn't have the best instincts out there.
Good point, although even if Reimold is a bit behind Scott defensively, I'd still put him in LF and Scott at DH. I think it'd be harder to adjust to MLB as a DH than as a LF.

But once he's adjusted and used to the league, then definitely play whoever is the better defender of the two.

Not sure we can get Wood for Huff, though... or much for Huff, really.
Yeah, thats the obvious flaw in this plan.

I think 2 draft picks will be worth more than Huff would bring back in a trade.

The problem is, then that likely means that we won't be able to find a ton of playing time for Reimold (unless of course we don't sign Tex).

In a perfect world, this is what we should do.

Not sure we can get Wood for Huff, though... or much for Huff, really.

Discussion going on the main board about this.

If they miss out on Tex, I could certainly see them wanting Huff....Plus, they could also need a DH.

I could see them trading Wood for him.

It is certainly a fair deal.

Yeah, thats the obvious flaw in this plan.

I think 2 draft picks will be worth more than Huff would bring back in a trade.

The problem is, then that likely means that we won't be able to find a ton of playing time for Reimold (unless of course we don't sign Tex).

Right... so the consolation prize for missing out on Teixeira would be :

Huff 1B

Scott DH

Reimold LF

Montanez 4th OF

Archived