Bowie vs. Akron 9-5-08

"Mickey" Manto

Hernandez gives up 6 runs in two innings of work and the Baysox currently trail 6-0 in the 4th inning.

Among the 6 runs Hernandez gave up is a grand slam by rehabbing Indians DH Travis Hafner. I have a problem with Hafner being allowed to participate in the playoffs while on a rehab assignment. This just stinks. This guy is an impact major league hitter facing AA pitchers (regardless of how good we all think Hernandez will be). If Hafner's back to being near full-health it gives Akron an advantage that doesn't seem right. In my opinion it should be 2-0 Akron, not 6-0...:angryfire::cussing:

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hernandez gives up 6 runs in two innings of work and the Baysox currently trail 6-0 in the 4th inning.

Among the 6 runs Hernandez gave up is a grand slam by rehabbing Indians DH Travis Hafner. I have a problem with Hafner being allowed to participate in the playoffs while on a rehab assignment. This just stinks. This guy is an impact major league hitter facing AA pitchers (regardless of how good we all think Hernandez will be). If Hafner's back to being near full-health it gives Akron an advantage that doesn't seem right. In my opinion it should be 2-0 Akron, not 6-0...:angryfire::cussing:

I agree! But it appears that Hernandez just did not have his best stuff tonite.

On top of that it looks as if David got tossed...sure wish i was there to see what that is about.

David really feels bad and feels he let his teammates down, but he feels being tossed was unjustified. As he was going into the dugout everyone in the dugout was yelling at the home plate umpire and the 1st base umpire picked him out.

Wow, his first bad start of the year and it had to be today!! What timing and Hafner being there is a big joke!!!

David really feels bad and feels he let his teammates down, but he feels being tossed was unjustified. As he was going into the dugout everyone in the dugout was yelling at the home plate umpire and the 1st base umpire picked him out.

Well these umps have been terrible for the previous two games...no sense changing their ways now. As I said in another thread, the EL should be ashamed.

Archived