With the O's rebuilding, do you root for any other MLB teams?

DocJJ

I root for the Pirates by marriage. Niether of us was alive in 79 so there is no bad blood there.  Both of us are tremendous baseball fans.  We are lucky enough that one team is NL and one AL.  We are also lucky enough that the teams have arguably the two best ballparks in the league.  Unfortunately that also comes with arguably two of the worst owners in the league.

It's nice, it keeps me engaged in NL baseball and players.  We watch both teams and if both are on at the same time we will flip back and forth. We get two chances at a win any given night, though I think over the last 2 years I can count on one hand the times we have had both teams win in the same night.

I follow their minor leagues as much as I follow the Orioles as well.  So I know a lot about that organization.

I lived in Philadelphia or its suburbs for many years and still live in Pennsylvania, so I root for the Phillies as a second team.

But as a general rule, if an Orioles game and a Phillies game are on TV at the same time, I'll watch the Orioles, regardless of which team has the better record.

I root for storylines. I won't root for anyone other than the Orioles when they play the Orioles, but I do like fun story lines. So, early in the season I don't tend to root for any other team and I don't have any long term (multi-year) rooting interests in teams, but if an underdog team emerges akin to the Orioles and A's in 2012, then I'm onboard for that. I'll casually root for the Angels because I want to see Trout in meaningful games down the stretch and in the postseason.

When I knew some players personally, I'd cheer for their team or follow them.  I follow the Nats cause they are local, but not really invested in them, though did watch more of them last year than year's past.  Other than that, I'm a fan of anyone playing the Yankees and Red Sox.  And if the Red Sox play the Yankees, I cheer for the stadium to collapse....was that too dark?