Brian M.

I think you're going to love Bobby Bundy once he gets underway...:excited:

Stotle, during the draft day, I remember talking to my father about the Matusz pick being a great pick. I pretty much went on a limb and said that Matusz would have a Tom Glavine like career if he stayed healthy. I know you and I were both high on Matusz leading up to the draft, so would you agree with that comparison?

Stotle, during the draft day, I remember talking to my father about the Matusz pick being a great pick. I pretty much went on a limb and said that Matusz would have a Tom Glavine like career if he stayed healthy. I know you and I were both high on Matusz leading up to the draft, so would you agree with that comparison?

I think Matusz ultimately ends up throwing a tad bit harder than Glavine, and Glavine's changeup is among the best of all time. Not a bad comparison, though I'm not really great at making them let alone grading them ;).

For what it's worth, my comparisons, ceiling-wise, would be:

Matusz -- Cole Hamels

Tillman -- Brad Penny

Arrieta -- AJ Burnett (subbing SL for CB)

I think Matusz ultimately ends up throwing a tad bit harder than Glavine, and Glavine's changeup is among the best of all time. Not a bad comparison, though I'm not really great at making them let alone grading them ;).

For what it's worth, my comparisons, ceiling-wise, would be:

Matusz -- Cole Hamels

Tillman -- Brad Penny

Arrieta -- AJ Burnett (subbing SL for CB)

The only thing I noticed is that Matusz seems to have a more mechanically sound delivery than Hamels. Other than that, the comparison is pretty solid. I haven't seen enough of Tillman and Arrieta to make a good comparison for them.

• 3 weeks later...
I didn't think B.M's fastball is as good as Hamels'? If that is true...wouldn't that negate a true comparison?

Glavine sounds more like it...if the above is true...I would like either btw.:clap3:

Hamels is U80/L90 generally with his fastball, though he can reach back and touch the M90s. Matusz is right in the same ballpark.

Archived