Brady Anderson Stories

Moose Milligan

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/29029314/tim-kurkjian-baseball-fix-brady-anderson-hit-homers-raced-people-shirtless-parking-lot

In July 1992, Anderson was having a tremendous season. He was seated at an outdoor restaurant in Baltimore after a game when he was approached during dinner by some young guy.

"He tells me while I am eating that he was a high school sprint champ in Pennsylvania, and he could blow my doors off whenever he wanted,'' Anderson said.

So, Anderson, in the middle of a season in which he was in the hunt for the American League MVP award, went into the restaurant parking lot, took off his shirt and raced this young guy three times, crushing him three times.

• Upvote 1

I remember Brady would cause concern from management, when they learned he liked to skitch on his skateboard to home games.

The one story I like is one that Buck talked about. He said they were in spring training, and Buck briefly mentioned a concern he had with the playing conditions at an away site.

He learned later, that Brady jumped in his car, and drove two hours, and had the issued resolved. It was his proactive attitude to get things done, that others appreciated.

I can tell you during 1996 season, series at home against CWS, Brady went 0-4 that night, was in attendance and stayed for his autograph..ended tossing a ball with him. Met Cal, Raffy and others that night. Just cause I was willing to ask to play catch.

Got a story about Darren Bragg from 2003, he and another minor leaguer and I got drunk at O'Tooles pub in Reynoldsburg, OH, when he played for the Clippers. Was only person knew who he was. Says worst pitcher he faced was Moyer.