Red Sox Lose Second Round Pick

weams

Hey, a late 2nd round pick is worth something like 1.2 wins, or maybe $10M.  That's nearly 2% of their annual revenues.  Now they'll only have about $250M more to spend than the O's next year, instead of $260M.   Well, except for the fact it's hypothetical value spread over six+ years... so it's really more like a fraction of a percent of annual revenues.

Does this mean a total multi-year rebuild, or just a retooling?

35 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Finally, that snide comment I made earlier must have gotten Manfred to act.

So you can get caught cheating three times and you lose a second round pick.

And the Red Sox think it's too much.

Of course they do.

I didnt think Boston was going to get hit much. Just a feeling I had.

Are they as guilty as Houston was. Seams, when it first came out, it didnt seem to be as embedded or as long as Houston had done.

I get all teams cheat to a degree, or what we would call, pushing the grey line into sportsmanship.

Clearly Houston was way beyond and probably should have been hit even harder.

I need to reread up on what Boston admitted to and what they were charged with doing

16 minutes ago, DrungoHazewood said:

Hey, a late 2nd round pick is worth something like 1.2 wins, or maybe $10M.  That's nearly 2% of their annual revenues.  Now they'll only have about $250M more to spend than the O's next year, instead of $260M.   Well, except for the fact it's hypothetical value spread over six+ years... so it's really more like a fraction of a percent of annual revenues.

Does this mean a total multi-year rebuild, or just a retooling?

And I thought following the Orioles was a struggle at times. I just hope Red Sox fans can get through these rough times, until they can make it rain in free agency again and trade for another small market superstar about to hit free agency. 

3 minutes ago, Redskins Rick said:

I didnt think Boston was going to get hit much. Just a feeling I had.

Are they as guilty as Houston was. Seams, when it first came out, it didnt seem to be as embedded or as long as Houston had done.

I get all teams cheat to a degree, or what we would call, pushing the grey line into sportsmanship.

Clearly Houston was way beyond and probably should have been hit even harder.

I need to reread up on what Boston admitted to and what they were charged with doing

I had the same feeling, since it was Boston.

I would have had the same feeling if it had been the Yankees or Dodgers.

Red Sox are a two time (three really) offender.  That is the justification for severe punishment.

4 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I had the same feeling, since it was Boston.

I would have had the same feeling if it had been the Yankees or Dodgers.

Red Sox are a two time (three really) offender.  That is the justification for severe punishment.

Not with his laughing stock of a commish.

I do agree, the Yankees, Dodgers and Red Sox are held to a different set of "wink wink" rules.