Ok, this is completely unreliable so don't trust it...but a couple rumors

safoster

This thread is way off from what I'm hearing. With Ramon, I was told next year at this time we may look to deal him IF Weiters is ready. I just can't imagine Angelos allowing Roberts to be traded. He's the local face of the team right now.

I know we're trying to find takers for Gibbons, Huff, and Trachsel. Tex does not seem like a possibility at this time because we're not ready to deal any young pitching. The face of the trade deadline can change a lot over the next few weeks. A 8 out of 10 streak either way and move many teams form being buyers or sellers.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This thread is way off from what I'm hearing. With Ramon, I was told next year at this time we may look to deal him IF Weiters is ready. I just can't imagine Angelos allowing Roberts to be traded. He's the local face of the team right now.

I know we're trying to find takers for Gibbons, Huff, and Trachsel. Tex does not seem like a possibility at this time because we're not ready to deal any young pitching. The face of the trade deadline can change a lot over the next few weeks. A 8 out of 10 streak either way and move many teams form being buyers or sellers.

Are we looking to trade for any good young players, like Baldelli(not him specifically but players like him)??

What is the plan as of now? Does anyone know yet?

That came dangerously close to suggesting Angelos would still veto deals made by McPhail if he disagreed with them....

After reading BB's comments, I'm wondering if it may be Huff that Atlanta could be interested in? His contract certainly isn't outrageous by today's standards, and I think he could be the type of player that could add a little something to their lineup.

Guest rochester
Ramon to the Mets for Milledge/Gomez? Trax, Millar, Ray to Braves for Salty? But why trade for Salty if you have Weiters?

El Gordo... I agree with many of your posts...

Saying that....and this will not be popular here...do NOT touch Milledge!

Saying that....and this will not be popular here...do NOT touch Milledge!

I don't think we have to worry about that as long as Flanagan is in the FO. It's been clear from the day he got here that he thinks character counts. People talk about the Oriole Way--well, that was a big part of it too. Baseball people in other cities in the 70s used to talk about such and such a player as "enough character to play for the Orioles".

And before we start with the wise lips about Flanagan, Weaver thought the same thing too, and clearly wrote about it in his book.

We're trying to build around young pitching. To turn around and trade Ramon and make life tougher on those pitchers by saddling them w/a below avg receiver every night would be a terrible decision IMO.

Is Salty a below average receiver?

In any case...from what bigbird said it sounds like we're all way off anyway. It was fun for a minute.

To be honest I'm not sure although I don't know why we'd target Salty if we sign Wieters.

I just find it highly unlikely that he wouldn't have to spend at least a year and a half in the minors, and when he arrives we have two very good bats and can move Salty to 1st or trade him right as he approaches his peak value to improve even further.

But, again, all of this is too much boat rockage for this organization. We'll probably trade Gibbons and Trax for a bag of promotional Braves balls from 1998 and a Salty rookie card.

To be honest I'm not sure although I don't know why we'd target Salty if we sign Wieters.

Here's why:

Atlanta Braves

Hitters AB R H RBI BB SO LOB AVG

Yunel Escobar, 2B 4 1 1 0 0 2 0 .299

Edgar Renteria, SS 5 2 2 0 0 1 1 .320

Chipper Jones, 3B 4 0 3 0 1 1 1 .339

Andruw Jones, CF 3 1 1 2 1 0 2 .214

Jeff Francoeur, RF 3 0 1 2 1 1 0 .289

Matt Diaz, LF 2 0 0 0 1 0 2 .349

Rafael Soriano, P 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 .000

Oscar Villarreal, P 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 .000

a- Kelly Johnson, PH 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 .287

Bob Wickman, P 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 .000

Brian McCann, C 4 0 0 0 0 1 4 .265

Jarrod Saltalamacchia, 1B 4 0 0 0 0 1 4 .304

Chuck James, P 2 0 0 0 0 2 0 .194

Tyler Yates, P 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 .000

Willie Harris, LF 2 1 1 0 0 0 0 .340

Tex for Cabrera and Penn/Olson

Roberts for Kendrick and Wood/SP

Ramon for Milledge and SP

Sign Jones and Weiters from draft

1. Kendrick 2nd

2. Tejada SS

3. Jones CF

4. Tex 1B

5. Markakis RF

6. Mora 3B

7. Milledge LF

8. Weiters C

9. Wood DH

Wood can DH until Tejada is traded or or leaves via FA.

You are truly dreaming if you think Ramon would net Milledge and a SP. Mets would laugh at a straight up Milledge for Ramon deal. A very good catcher with injury issues for a 5 tool OF being paid peanuts for years to come. I know Milledge has some baggage, but please stop and think about these trades before you mention them.

This is not 5th grade where we are trading baseball cards and trying to fleece the kid who gave you a Reggie Jackson for Kurt Bevilaqua card.

I never said this!!!!

I am so sorry about that. I had been reading the board earlier from my phone and thought that I saw a post from you that said something to that respect. I didn't mean to put words in your mouth. Next time I will actually go back an re-read any post that I'm referring to :002_ssmile:

BTW...

Atlanta management would seek nothing less than an impact-caliber young pitcher in exchange for promising catcher/first baseman Jarrod Saltalamacchia. The Pirates are among several teams to have inquired about him in the past month.

Article

That would certainly take the O's out of the running.

Archived