Ok, this is completely unreliable so don't trust it...but a couple rumors

safoster

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Cabrera doesn't count...?

Really, I'd like to get your opinion on how Cabrera is perceived around baseball. I have no idea what his trade value is.

I can't imagine the Braves taking Cabrera for Salty.

My guess is that the market for Cabrera would be strongest amongst the lower budget non-contenders that would be willing to take a shot at catching lightning in a bottle -- the KCs and the Pittsburghs and the Washingtons of baseball. Just to throw out a name, how about Mark Teahen straight up.

A team looking to contend this year is going to have less interest in a guy that's frustratingly inconsistent and can't keep his ERA below 5, despite the upside potential. A team needing to win now can't afford to hang around waiting and hoping for Cabrera to figure things out.

My guess is that the market for Cabrera would be strongest amongst the lower budget non-contenders that would be willing to take a shot at catching lightning in a bottle -- the KCs and the Pittsburghs and the Washingtons of baseball. Just to throw out a name, how about Mark Teahen straight up.

A team looking to contend this year is going to have less interest in a guy that's frustratingly inconsistent and can't keep his ERA below 5, despite the upside potential. A team needing to win now can't afford to hang around waiting and hoping for Cabrera to figure things out.

Done and done.

I would love to see that! Maybe try to get them to take Gibbons too if we take Sanders or Brown...maybe even Odalis Perez off their hands for the remainder of the season. If we could make that trade and move Mora we would all of a sudden be a lot younger at 3rd. Tex, BRob, and Teahen would make a fairly young decent infield.

I'm not expecting an Albert Pujols type guy, but ... Mark Teahan?? I'd like to think we could get something a little better than a 3B/OF with some speed, but little/no power. If that's the best you can do in terms of ML-type player, better to look for a couple MiL prospects.

I do agree though that the lower budget teams are a better fit for Cabrera.

I am all for Teahen if Cabrera will do the trick.

Having Kakes and Teahan as bookends in the OF would be awsome. Both these guys can absolutely hit, run and defend.

Do it.

I'm not expecting an Albert Pujols type guy, but ... Mark Teahan?? I'd like to think we could get something a little better than a 3B/OF with some speed, but little/no power. If that's the best you can do in terms of ML-type player, better to look for a couple MiL prospects.

I do agree though that the lower budget teams are a better fit for Cabrera.

You're under rating Teahen there. He hit 18 HR .874 OPS in 104 games last year. This would be a decent move for both teams really, Kansas are top heavy in hitting prospects, Teahen would be a real upgrade for us.

I don't like the idea of selling him now. Its not that I'm opposed to trading him, I'm just opposed to selling low. He's playing way below his average and can hit a lot better, but hes been battling injuries this year. Unless the FA knows something we don't know about his injury, he should stay and we can shop him in the offseason when his value will probably be higher.

sorry. Was this quote in reference to Ramon? Or was it in reference to

Tejada

Gibbons

Huff

Mora

Patterson

Wright

Ray

or Baez

?

You're under rating Teahen there. He hit 18 HR .874 OPS in 104 games last year. This would be a decent move for both teams really, Kansas are top heavy in hitting prospects, Teahen would be a real upgrade for us.

Yes, he did, but he also hit 7 HR in 130 games the year before that and is on pace for about 10 HR this year. I'm not saying he's a bad player, but what this team needs is a middle of the order bat, not another guy whose bat tops out at 15 - 20 HR's. We have enough of those. Filling the middle of your lineup with guys who push 15 - 20 HR's with 70+ RBI's doesn't make you a contender; it puts you in the middle to bottom of the pack around 75 - 80 wins.

If Cabrera isn't enough to bring in the big bat we need, then you package him with guys like Ray, Guthrie, Penn, Olson, Reimold, whoever.

This thread is way off from what I'm hearing. With Ramon, I was told next year at this time we may look to deal him IF Weiters is ready. I just can't imagine Angelos allowing Roberts to be traded. He's the local face of the team right now.

I know we're trying to find takers for Gibbons, Huff, and Trachsel. Tex does not seem like a possibility at this time because we're not ready to deal any young pitching. The face of the trade deadline can change a lot over the next few weeks. A 8 out of 10 streak either way and move many teams form being buyers or sellers.

Now here I was hoping that Angelos would have no say in personel matters, as long as the payroll wasn't a factor.

This thread is way off from what I'm hearing. With Ramon, I was told next year at this time we may look to deal him IF Weiters is ready. I just can't imagine Angelos allowing Roberts to be traded. He's the local face of the team right now.

I know we're trying to find takers for Gibbons, Huff, and Trachsel. Tex does not seem like a possibility at this time because we're not ready to deal any young pitching. The face of the trade deadline can change a lot over the next few weeks. A 8 out of 10 streak either way and move many teams form being buyers or sellers.

Well we should be, we've been stockpiling pitching for a trade, or so I thought that was the plan. Well we've got it and holding on to it has assured us of 10 losing seasons. Isn't it about time we trade some of it before some of it doesn't pan out? Hanging on to it doesn't seem to be working for us very well. Maybe the new plan is to teach Hayden Penn to play LF and Daniel Cabrera how to play 1B...

Well we should be, we've been stockpiling pitching for a trade, or so I thought that was the plan. Well we've got it and holding on to it has assured us of 10 losing seasons. Isn't it about time we trade some of it before some of it doesn't pan out? Hanging on to it doesn't seem to be working for us very well. Maybe the new plan is to teach Hayden Penn to play LF and Daniel Cabrera how to play 1B...

While we've been trying to stockpile young pitching we still have a long way to get to the point where we actually have a stockpile.

While we've been trying to stockpile young pitching we still have a long way to get to the point where we actually have a stockpile.

Bedard, Cabrera, Loewen, Guthrie, Olson, Burres, Penn, Beato, Erbe, Bergensen, Bascom, Liz, Johnson, Ray, Hoey, Doyne, Miller, Birkins and that's not the end of the list...

Now here I was hoping that Angelos would have no say in personel matters, as long as the payroll wasn't a factor.

Anyone in Peter's position will always have the ability to step in when he feels it's necessary. You would...I would...anyone would.

Archived