Ok, this is completely unreliable so don't trust it...but a couple rumors

safoster

Bedard, Cabrera, Loewen, Guthrie, Olson, Burres, Penn, Beato, Erbe, Bergensen, Bascom, Liz, Johnson, Ray, Hoey, Doyne, Miller, Birkins and that's not the end of the list...

We're making progress but not enough high ceiling guys on that list and in the organization.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Anyone in Peter's position will always have the ability to step in when he feels it's necessary. You would...I would...anyone would.

Sonny, do you think we're willing to trade pitching for Tex or another impact bat for that matter? I know BB is saying we won't but you said that Tex may not cost as much as we think. We'd be stupid not to trade pitching for hitting if it makes the team better. Pitching only doesn't win games as we've seen from our horrible record in one run games...

Bedard, Cabrera, Loewen, Guthrie, Olson, Burres, Penn, Beato, Erbe, Bergensen, Bascom, Liz, Johnson, Ray, Hoey, Doyne, Miller, Birkins and that's not the end of the list...

I love the pitching that we have and the ceiling that it has but every team can come up with similar lists to this one.

Sonny, do you think we're willing to trade pitching for Tex or another impact bat for that matter? I know BB is saying we won't but you said that Tex may not cost as much as we think. We'd be stupid not to trade pitching for hitting if it makes the team better. Pitching only doesn't win games as we've seen from our horrible record in one run games...
If you want to make the team better, why are you proposing the Tex deals? They don't make us better, now and especially in the future.

If you want to make the team better, why are you proposing the Tex deals? They don't make us better, now and especially in the future.

Ok convince me, break out the WARP stats for Tex and DCab, Penn, Ray and Liz as it would take a combo of 2-3 those 4 to get Tex...

Ok convince me, break out the WARP stats for Tex and DCab, Penn, Ray and Liz as it would take a combo of 2-3 those 4 to get Tex...

First of all, the WARP of Penn and Liz don't exist right now.

Secondly, you aren't getting him for those guys anyway unless the Rangers really change in terms of what they want for Tex.

And lastly, the OTHER players you could get in trade for DCab, Ray, Liz and Penn are much better served to be put WITH Tex.

This is not 1 player away.

Trading 3 of our best tradeable assets for one player is beyond stupid.

This team needs to BUILD PROPERLY!!!!!!

Key words: in the future

It probably makes us better this year, but down the road, especially since we only have a year and a half (not even that really) of Tex, why give up all that pitching for him?

Just be patient and wait for him after '08. Use Cabrera/Penn/Ray etc to get an outfielder, sign Tex as the last piece after next season.

You gotta chill and relax man, every other post from you is how we have to get Tex or the world will end.

Hey Dave, i can't remember...I know you posted that BP link before...Didn't that just take into account prospects??

I remember we were around 25th on that list but i don't think it considered anything but prospects, correct?

The BP article examined the question from three separate angles.

Composite Organizational Rankings #1: True Prospects

O's pitching ranks 26th of 30.

Composite Organizational Rankings #2: 25-and-Under Talent

O's pitching ranks 23rd of 30.

Composite Organizational Rankings #3: Total Talent Stock

O's pitching ranks 20th of 30.

Article

BTW...If you look at WARP3, Ray and DCab have been worth almost 2 wins more than Tex has.

Now, part of that is because Tex has been hurt...He probably would be better..However, Ray also struggled in June to bring that number down i am sure and DCab has struggled the last 6 weeks, so it kind of evens out.

Just be patient and wait for him after '08. Use Cabrera/Penn/Ray etc to get an outfielder, sign Tex as the last piece after next season.

You gotta chill and relax man, every other post from you is how we have to get Tex or the world will end.

And who plays first base for us in 2009 and beyond if Tex signs elsewhere?

Delgado? Giambi?

If we are putting all our eggs in the Tex basket, we are going to get burned. The only way to do that and ensure you don't is to trade for him and have him sign an extension. We don't have to have Tex, but this team is counting on him to be an Oriole in 2009 as a FA as part of its plan and that's far from a lock.

And who plays first base for us in 2009 and beyond if Tex signs elsewhere?

Is this a serious question? There are many ways to obtain a first baseman. Tex isn't the only guy out there.

The only way to do that and ensure you don't is to trade for him and have him sign an extension.
Which he won't do.
We don't have to have Tex, but this team is counting on him to be an Oriole in 2009 as a FA as part of its plan and that's far from a lock.

Better chance we sign him as a FA than complete a trade for him and sign him to an extension.

Archived