Minor League Free Agency

Crazysilver03

By perusing the different team sites I have compiled a list of free agents from the Orioles minor league system:

Norfolk:

• SS Freddie Bynum

• SS Eider Torres

• C Chris Heintz

• OF Tike Redman

• OF Luis Terrero

• OF Chris Roberson

• P Craig Anderson

• P Ryan Buckvich

• P Scott Chiasson

• P Cory Doyne

• P Randy Keisler

• P Gary Knotts

• P Jon Leicester

• P Andy Mitchell

Bowie:

• C Brian Peterson

• C Steve Torrealba

• 3B Jeff Nettles

• P Rommie Lewis

• OF Mike Rodriguez

• P Gerardo Casadiego

• P Ryan Keefer

• P Julio Manon

• P Felix Romero

• SS Carlos Rojas

Frederick:

• OF Chris Amador

• 3B Ryan McCarthy (released)

Aberdeen:

• P Josh Tamba (released)

Potential:

SS Luis Hernandez (assuming release)

C Omir Santos (assuming outright off 40 man roster [6 year minor league free agent])

C Quillermo Quiroz (assuming outright off 40 man roster [6 year minor league free agent])

3B Scott Moore (assuming outright off 40 man roster [6 year minor league free agent]

SS Brandon Fahey (assuming outright off 40 man roster [6 year minor league free agent])

INF Oscar Salazar (assuming outright off 40 man roster [6 year minor league free agent])

P Fredy Deza (assuming outright off 40 man roster [6 year minor league free agent])

P Sean Tracy (injury)

SS Travis Brown (not sure if made 6 years of playing time)

P Brian Bass (assuming outright off 40 man roster [6 year minor league free agent])

P Brian Burres (if outrighted off 40 man roster can declare minor league free agency)

P Chris Waters (assuming outright off 40 man roster [6 year minor league free agent])

SS Alex Cintron (assuming outright off 40 man roster [6 year minor league free agent])

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Crazysilver03 again."

Who would you like to see stay in the organization (whether they are on the 40-man or not)?

From the list of free agents, the only names I would really like to keep are:

SS Eider Torres

C Chris Heintz

OF Luis Terrero

OF Chris Roberson

OF Tike Redman

P Ryan Buckvich

P Scott Chiasson

P Cory Doyne

3B Jeff Nettles

From the potentials:

C Pito Santos (minor league contract)

C Quillermo Quiroz (minor league contract)

INF Oscar Salazar (retain on 40 man roster)

SS Brandon Fahey (minor league contract)

P Chris Waters (minor league contract)

SS Alex Cintron (minor league contract)

3B Scott Moore (minor league contract)

I wouldnt really be sad to see everyone else walk and find a new organization. As shown, there are a few I would like to get off the 40 man roster but resign to keep in the organization.

Here are the ones I would keep:

Terrero

Torres

Doyne

Bukvich

Nettles

Lewis

Romero

Keefer

The potentials are easier. Drop Brown, Tracy, Hernandez, take a hard look at Burres, Fahey, and Bass. Otherwise keep the other potentials like Salazar. Deza should come off the 40 man, as should Fahey, Burres and a few others.

Here are the ones I would keep:

Terrero

Torres

Doyne

Bukvich

Nettles

Lewis

Romero

Keefer

The potentials are easier. Drop Brown, Tracy, Hernandez, take a hard look at Burres, Fahey, and Bass. Otherwise keep the other potentials like Salazar. Deza should come off the 40 man, as should Fahey, Burres and a few others.

Lewis, and Keefer I do not agree on for different reasons.

Rommie Lewis posted a 4.03 ERA in his 2nd year at Bowie, giving up 67 hits in 51 innings. The only way I bring him back is if he is in Frederick or Bowie.

Keefer is someone I was really fond of before his injury. When he was added to the Orioles 40 man roster, I was pumped to see him make the team out of ST. Instead, he missed the entire season with injury. There were reports last offseason that Keefer wanted to leave the Orioles but they gave him an incentive laden contract to stay with the team. Well, he didnt have the best of results this year and I think it might be best for Keefer to move on. I really want to see him succeed but I dont think it will be with the Orioles.

Felix Romero I wouldnt really mind if he was brought back to Bowie or Norfolk.

wow, you guys want all three AAA OFers to come back?

I dont dissagree, but its just suprising

I guess our OF in bmore is set and we dont really have anyother options in the minors at hogh levels

Redman was a team leader when in Baltimore and that is a good characteristic to have in AAA, especially if we will be having a lot of prospects there next year.

Terrero and Roberson are more just there to help out. Roberson can move to the 4th OF role with Jeff Fiorentino going down to Bowie or out of the picture.

I assume that Montanez makes the Orioles as the 4th OF with Reimold in LF at Norfolk.

• 4 weeks later...
From the list of free agents, the only names I would really like to keep are:

SS Eider Torres

C Chris Heintz

OF Luis Terrero

OF Chris Roberson

OF Tike Redman

P Ryan Buckvich

P Scott Chiasson

P Cory Doyne

3B Jeff Nettles

From the potentials:

C Pito Santos (minor league contract)

C Quillermo Quiroz (minor league contract)

INF Oscar Salazar (retain on 40 man roster)

SS Brandon Fahey (minor league contract)

P Chris Waters (minor league contract)

SS Alex Cintron (minor league contract)

3B Scott Moore (minor league contract)

I wouldnt really be sad to see everyone else walk and find a new organization. As shown, there are a few I would like to get off the 40 man roster but resign to keep in the organization.

Wow. No love for Brian Bass.

Now I wouldnt mind keeping him. At the time the post was created, I had not seen Bass in person.

Either way, I would still like to remove him from the 40 man roster and sign him to Norfolk.

I respect your views a lot. But I have to part company with you a bit on this one, Crazy. I see Bass as a legit contender for the back end of our rotation next year (granted, along with over half a dozen other guys, and granted, as much by default as by his sheer brilliance and unlimited potential :) -- but still ....). I'm actually more confident that Bass will shine in the Spring (and a hopefully healthy Albers too) than Liz or Olson or Penn or Waters.

Why were the O's not high on Torres, hes young, and could have been a nice utility player for us. He hit over .300 in AAA and we released him?

And on a seperate note, who will be the 2B in Norfolk next season?

Because he was a light hitting second baseman who can not play any position but second base effectively. A utility guy needs to be able to play shortstop. Of course, we played Cintron there this year and he had no reason to be anywhere near shortstop.

Since he's from Venezuela, I believe he takes up a visa spot and lord know we need to open them up to bring over all of those .200 hitting players from the Dominican Summer League. :D

Why were the O's not high on Torres, hes young, and could have been a nice utility player for us. He hit over .300 in AAA and we released him?

And on a seperate note, who will be the 2B in Norfolk next season?

We didnt release him.

We did remove him from the 40 man roster and he passed through waivers and went to Norfolk. He has enough experience that he is a free agent.

Archived