OPACY New Home of the Jays? Update (No. It is Buffalo.)

Pat Kelly

53 minutes ago, Camden_yardbird said:

Here in Hartford we have the minor league park of the year, the lowest COVID rates in the country, and a centralized location for their games.

The other day I was flipping channels and Loudoun United was playing Hartford something-or-other in a USL soccer match in Hartford.  There were actual fans in the stands, maybe a few hundred or even a thousand, which I assume isn't too far off of normal USL attendance.

It's disgraceful MLB does not have a home for one of its clubs one day before the start of the season.    The Blue Jays present no more risk to the lives of Marylanders than the Orioles do.   If it's too much risk to host the Blue Jays in Baltimore,  or anywhere else in the U.S,  then MLB should just shut the whole season down.  

I don't begrudge Canada for not allowing the Jays to play there.  Just look at their curve vs ours.  The difference is staggering.  

• Upvote 1

If the lighting at Buffalo's Triple-A stadium isn't up to major league standards and there isn't enough time left to upgrade the lights, there's an easy solution.

The Jays can play all their home games during the day.

OK, Blue Jay players, which would you prefer - playing all 30 of your home games in the daylight in Buffalo or playing all 30 of them in the visiting team's park?

32 minutes ago, WillyM said:

If the lighting at Buffalo's Triple-A stadium isn't up to major league standards and there isn't enough time left to upgrade the lights, there's an easy solution.

OK, Blue Jay players, which would you prefer - playing all 30 of your home games in the daylight in Buffalo or playing all 30 of them in the visiting team's park?

It doesn't have to be a AAA stadium.  There are no fans so seating is not an issue.   Just find the best facilities on the east coast that does not have another team playing.  Aberdeen comes to mind though I have never been there.

34 minutes ago, WillyM said:

They said it would take a week to install the new lights.  I saw players complaining that it wouldn’t be a “major league caliber” facility.  

8 hours ago, Camden_yardbird said:

Here in Hartford we have the minor league park of the year, the lowest COVID rates in the country, and a centralized location for their games.

ESPN ticker just said your governor is trying to talk the Jays into coming to Hartford.