Marlins ( and now Phillies) season(s) on pause, O's to host Yankees on Wednesday and Thursday

MurphDogg

11 hours ago, SteveA said:

Ah, ok.  I thought you had gone back in time to when Aroldis Chapman came up with the Reds!  He's tested positive 

You know, early in the morning as I am reading this that is exactly how my brain resolved this.  "Oh yea, Aroldis is on the reds."

3 minutes ago, Philip said:

You are correct but the number of people who are working is such a small percentage of the total validates the point.

Everyone I mentioned is currently working. I work in the media. There are hundreds radio and TV outlets dependent on a major league season. There are hundreds of sales reps that have lost 30% or more of their income due to the delay in the season. In the media alone there are thousands of jobs tied to broadcast of major sports leagues. 

I'm not saying play the games at all costs....but what I am saying is shutting down MLB is no different than making the decision to close all the restaurants in Baltimore for a year, or not allowing construction to take place until there is a vaccine. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Camden_yardbird said:

You know, early in the morning as I am reading this that is exactly how my brain resolved this.  "Oh yea, Aroldis is on the reds."

He was and you can find many items thereto ....

s-l1600.jpg

https://www.ebay.com/itm/UNIQUE-Aroldis-Chapman-Reds-54-Signed-DUCK-Plaque-from-Celebrity-Duck-Auction/383641706523?hash=item5952d3e01b:g:kN0AAOSwCplfFiNE

2 minutes ago, interloper said:

So 16 players. That's the equivalent of the entire lineup, all 5 starters, and two relievers. Plus the 2 coaches. 

General consensus is 15, reports dropped from 12 to 11 at some point yesterday.

• Thanks 1

If multiple Phillies test positive and they decide to continue with the season, they should really bring the Yankees to Baltimore the next two days. No reason to have two healthy teams also miss 4 games. The schedule isn't likely to stay even over the course of the season anyway.

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, MurphDogg said:

Some good news. If the Phillies had an outbreak (which again I thought was unlikely), it would really tip the scale towards canceling the season.

Yeah, but I'm not sure this particular test would catch any Marlins-transmitted cases just yet. To me, it's the next test that matters more. But it's something.