The Rubber Match (vs. NATIONALS, 8/16)

OFFNY

1 minute ago, eddie83 said:

If they keep hanging around the race when possible I  would play some option games. 

Send down Phillips and call up Kremer as an example. 

I question whether our pitching prospects are good enough to justify the service time game. And it’s certainly no longer applies to Mountcastle, and as much as I dread watching him play in left field, he cannot possibly be as bad as Smith is, so even if their defense is roughly equivalent, it makes more sense to let Mountcastle get major league whacks.

Just now, Philip said:

I question whether our pitching prospects are good enough to justify the service time game. And it’s certainly no longer applies to Mountcastle, and as much as I dread watching him play in left field, he cannot possibly be as bad as Smith is, so even if their defense is roughly equivalent, it makes more sense to let Mountcastle get major league whacks.

They aren’t good enough and calling them up here to help out doesn’t mean you can’t leave them down at start of next year anyways. I mean after this year are two rookies going to be in rotation to start the year?  I doubt it. They will have a couple of Milone types I bet to fill it out. 

Just now, eddie83 said:

They aren’t good enough and calling them up here to help out doesn’t mean you can’t leave them down at start of next year anyways. I mean after this year are two rookies going to be in rotation to start the year?  I doubt it. They will have a couple of Milone types I bet to fill it out. 

Also calling up an arm for a couple of days doesn’t mean you can’t send them back down either. 

1 hour ago, HOF19 said:

MLB Network in my area is scheduled to show Mets Phillies but due to blackout that have to show something else and it is ............... Orioles vs Nats.

Mlb has the Orioles crew on unfortunately the live stream on internet is the NatS announcers with F.P. Who gets on my nerves.

4 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

I know, it doesn't make a lot of sense if that is the reasoning behind it but if not, what is?  Elias seems oddly reticent to promote guys.

18 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Whole class of them.  I'd take Tatis given a choice.

Let's define the class:

Tatis
Soto
Alonso
McNeil
Acuna
Albies?
Bichette
Guerrero
Biggio

We going to throw Robert and Adell in there?

Sure does seem like a lot of great young talent has come up the past couple years.   And I'm sure I missed a name or two.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I know, it doesn't make a lot of sense if that is the reasoning behind it but if not, what is?  Elias seems oddly reticent to promote guys.

Maybe he wanted one last look at some these guys before having to make 40 man moves. Most of pen has been solid. I think he should start using last guy or two and take advantage of options. 

What is rule this year?  15 for pitchers and 10 for position players to stay down?

Phillips is awful. Even when he’s not awful he’s still awful, because you know he’s about to be awful again in just a second. It is extremely frustrating that the guy who sweeps out the dugout after the game is probably a better pitcher than Phillips and the Powers refuse to replace him.