The Rubber Match (vs. NATIONALS, 8/16)

OFFNY

Just now, eddie83 said:

Maybe he wanted one last look at some these guys before having to make 40 man moves. Most of pen has been solid. I think he should start using last guy or two and take advantage of options. 

What is rule this year?  15 for pitchers and 10 for position players to stay down?

Do you need another look at a Hess or a Philips?

5 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Let's define the class:

Tatis
Soto
Alonso
McNeil
Acuna
Albies?
Bichette
Guerrero
Biggio

We going to throw Robert and Adell in there?

Sure does seem like a lot of great young talent has come up the past couple years.   And I'm sure I missed a name or two.

Jeff McNeil?  I would say he’s too old.  swap him out with Torres.

3 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

Maybe he wanted one last look at some these guys before having to make 40 man moves. Most of pen has been solid. I think he should start using last guy or two and take advantage of options. 

What is rule this year?  15 for pitchers and 10 for position players to stay down?

That was going to be the case.   But Covid changed it to 10 for everyone.

Just now, Can_of_corn said:

Do you need another look at a Hess or a Philips?

Not really but I can get not wanting to use some of the starters at Bowie camp in relief. Need to keep some guys stretched out at Bowie. 

on 40 down there

Akin

Hess 

Kremer

Carroll

I assume Carroll can come back. I guess 29th man doesn’t reset clock. It never did before. Would think Phillips goes down after this. 

Just now, eddie83 said:

So Akin and Hess need to stay down awhile. Eshelman can be long man now that Means is back unless they want to save him to piggyback LeBlanc. 

Roch quoted Hyde today as saying Eshelman was now in the bullpen.   I presume as a long man, now along with Lope.

• Upvote 1

Just now, eddie83 said:

Not sure I would have Biggio on there either. Then again maybe I don’t want the Jays to have another beast.  

Yeah, I didn't put a heavy amount of thought into it.   Just whipped out a couple names off the top of my head.

13 minutes ago, backwardsk said:

Yeah, I’m not feeling the comparison.  His OBP percentage is 100 points higher.  He has great strike zone recognition and incredible strength.  His defense is improving.

Point was not to compare but to state that we can't assume HOF on the first years of a player's career.