No more argument to play Chris Davis

accinfo

7 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

He was taking Adderall and then switched to Vyvanse which is a more time released ADHD medication. Both failed tests had to due with not receiving an exemption for a clinically diagnosed medical condition. Which quite frankly is absurd. The guy clearly has a medical issue, that can be treated with medication but will never go away.

*** Also, you didn't answer the question? Have you been diagnosed with ADHD or ADD? ******

So he has a condition and needs an exemption ///Period

The fact that he needs to reapply is assnine

It would be pretty bizarre if he was able to get a therapeutic exemption for an otherwise banned drug when he was 18 or 20, and that was still in force with no updates, reassessment or further documentation when he's 30 or 40. 

2 minutes ago, Slappy said:

I’m just amazed the OH found things to argue about in a thread that has almost unanimous support!

I don't get the mindset of those folks that think that taking amphetamines somehow doesn't count as cheating.  Just don't understand it.  It's a restricted substance.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

No I don't.

He has to apply for an exemption because he's taking a performance enhancing drug.  How is it absurd that substances like that must be approved?  I think it is telling that he is not currently taking Adderall.  If that is the proper medication for his disorder why is he prescribed something else? 

We don't know how much and how often he was taking the medication.  Is it OK with you if he was exceeding the proper dosage?

Because his doctor prescribed and wanted him to try a time released medication

Amphetamines: Amphetamines are prescription stimulants that are used in many FDA-approved drugs, including Adderall and Ritalin, to treat attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD). For example, Adderall helps treat ADHD by increasing the activity of norepinephrine and dopamine in the brain. FDA warns, however, that amphetamine products have a "high potential for abuse" and prolonged use could put an individual at risk of dependence. Notably, in 2014, Baltimore Orioles hitter Chris Davis was suspended for 25 games for testing positive for amphetamines associated with Adderall. Davis, who has ADHD, had previously received a therapeutic-use exemption from MLB that allowed him to use Addderall, but he did not get the exemption renewed. He has currently switched to a new ADHD medication, Vyvanse, that does not use amphetamines.

https://www.advisory.com/daily-briefing/2019/03/28/baseball-banned-substances

2 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

Because his doctor prescribed and wanted him to try a time released medication

https://www.advisory.com/daily-briefing/2019/03/28/baseball-banned-substances

Because his doctor thought he should be on a different medication than the one he was taking without an exemption when he was twice found in violation of the rules.

How come you didn't answer my question?

8 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I don't get the mindset of those folks that think that taking amphetamines somehow doesn't count as cheating.  Just don't understand it.  It's a restricted substance.

Because you dont have ADHD or ADD .... So I don't expect you to understand.

Why not just find a doctor that will prescribe you what you want?  

I’m not saying that I necessarily agree with that, but people do that. I’m sure everyone one this board has a female they know that has a thyroid condition.  The insurance companies always deny the name brand Synthroid medication and try and force them to take the generic. 

4 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Because his doctor thought he should be on a different medication than the one he was taking without an exemption when he was twice found in violation of the rules.

Doctor's prefer time released or Vyvanse to Adderall as its time released. Time released medications remove the highs/lows that happen in similar medications that don't So Adderall has more of an effect closer to when you take it.

Just now, Roll Tide said:

Doctor's prefer time released or Vyvanse to Adderall as its time released. Time released medications remove the highs/lows that happen in similar medications that don't So Adderall has more of an effect closer to when you take it.

Just now, Roll Tide said:

Sorry ... What was the question?

We don't know how much and how often he was taking the medication.  Is it OK with you if he was exceeding the proper dosage?

You will agree that it is important that the proper medication is taken in the proper manner?  Not only for the sake of competitive balance but for the player's safety.

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

You will agree that it is important that the proper medication is taken in the proper manner?  Not only for the sake of competitive balance but for the player's safety.

I sometimes take 3 Advil's prior to golfing to ease my hand pain.  I believe this exceeds the proper recommended dose.  

3 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

How so ?

Its reasonable that you wouldn't understand what its like to deal with ADHD/ADD and why medication is required to treat it.

I don't think it is reasonable at all to dismiss someone's views on a topic for such a reason. 

Do you think the only way to be knowledgeable about a topic is to experience it yourself? 

Is a female incapable of understanding prostate cancer?