Baseball Savant Loves Santander's Whole Game

interloper

14 minutes ago, makoman said:

True, and if we have an excess of anything it’s probably outfielders so that’s what you want to deal (although all of ours our still uncertain). As always it just depends on if you can get what you perceive is good value. 

If this is Santander's level of ability than you find someplace else for Diaz to play.  I don't think Diaz is likely to be better than Santander has been this season.

13 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

If this is Santander's level of ability than you find someplace else for Diaz to play.  I don't think Diaz is likely to be better than Santander has been this season.

Yeah, I mean, if i thought Santander was for real I’d probably need something like a good young starter, better than Means, probably more of a need. And probably not available. 
I’m still not sure if I’m sold yet but I’m definitely open to believing. 

1 hour ago, Can_of_corn said:

Or maybe you hold onto Diaz for a while as 4th OF, then trade him when the time is right. Look at what Alex Verdugo got the Dodgers. 

Between 1B, OF, and LF plus injuries I have to think we can find a place for Diaz. Plus Hays is not a sure thing by any means. 

1 minute ago, Aristotelian said:

Or maybe you hold onto Diaz for a while as 4th OF, then trade him when the time is right. Look at what Alex Verdugo got the Dodgers. 

Between 1B, OF, and LF plus injuries I have to think we can find a place for Diaz. Plus Hays is not a sure thing by any means. 

I'd consider being the fourth outfielder as someplace else for him to play.  I wasn't trying to suggest that trading him was the only option, just if Santander keeps playing this well Right Field is locked up for next few seasons.

38 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I'd consider being the fourth outfielder as someplace else for him to play.  I wasn't trying to suggest that trading him was the only option, just if Santander keeps playing this well Right Field is locked up for next few seasons.

Exactly, I was agreeing with you. Even if Santander, Hays, and Mountcastle all manage to stick we probably have room for at least one more OF, maybe more.