Would you cheer?

isestrex

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He's a Yankee. He could rescue a kitten from a burning tree and I wouldn't cheer him. Team allegiance comes before numbers for me. I don't contend that he is amazing - one of the best players I'll ever see in my lifetime - and I absolutely respect what he has acheived so far, so I won't boo. But I absolutely won't cheer, either.

Mostly, I'll hope he hits his 500th in KC tonight.

I'll be there Sunday. As much as I dislike the Yankee's this would be something I would like to see in person.

Agreed. The only piece of history I witnessed in person was Lee Mazzilli's first ejection, in the infamous bubble-gum incident. :D

I'll be there Friday, going with a new girl who didn't seem to keen on going to the game, but when I said ARod, her eyes lit up :rolleyes: I don't think she'll be around too long, but it would be amazing to see him hit his 500 in Baltimore. Heck if he does, and we treat him well, he may be tempted to come to a place where fans can appreciate his level of talent, right here in the Charm City.

The funny thing is, if he hits one in the suspended game(he is due up 2nd), that homer will not be his 500th...His 500th would actually be the one he hit last night because the homer from the suspended game would actually be looked at, by Elias, as a "June" homer.

Interesting fact.

I would hope that O's fans show some class and cheer this accomplishment. Much like the Twins and Mariners fans cheered Cal and Raffy when they got their 3000th hit. What A-Rod has done in such a short time is simply awesome. Appreciate the history if you're there O's fans.

My thoughts exactly.

Then, of course, I would resume my normal anti-Yankee tactics.

AROD comes to OPACY with 499 homers, barring a homer tonight in KC.

The funny thing is, if he hits one in the suspended game(he is due up 2nd), that homer will not be his 500th...His 500th would actually be the one he hit last night because the homer from the suspended game would actually be looked at, by elias, as a "June" homer.

But anyway, we are going to see 10-15 ab's from AROD this weekend.

May get to add to the history of our great park.

Im sorry dude, but give me a break! I appreciate history as much as the next guy. But are you seriously suggesting you WANT A-Rod to hit a HR against us. First the "losing" thread, and now this? Come on man, stop giving you opposition ammo to use against you. You are ROOTING for a YANKEE to hit a HR against us. If he was chasing the ALL-TIME HR record, I could maybe understand- but we're takling his 500th! Who the hell cares.

I'm sure that will be trivia that we as Orioles fans will have to know, much less be proud to say we were at. When A-Rod finishes his career possibly as the All-time HR king, the question that everyone will ask is, "Where did he hit his 500th HR???"

I was at the game where Eddie Murray hit his 496HR- it was the same game in which Roberto Alomar his 2 HRs (one from each sideof the plate)- and THAT was an awesome game to be at. BUt root for A-Rod- that just started off my day on the wrong foot.

Since many true O's fans will be in Cooperstown this weekend, the seats will surely be filled with thousands of Yankee fans to cheer ARod. Any applause from the few O's fans there will be drowned out anyway.

Excellent point! He really won't be able to tell the difference.

Im sorry dude, but give me a break! I appreciate history as much as the next guy. But are you seriously suggesting you WANT A-Rod to hit a HR against us. First the "losing" thread, and now this? Come on man, stop giving you opposition ammo to use against you. You are ROOTING for a YANKEE to hit a HR against us. If he was chasing the ALL-TIME HR record, I could maybe understand- but we're takling his 500th! Who the hell cares.

I'm sure that will be trivia that we as Orioles fans will have to know, much less be proud to say we were at. When A-Rod finishes his career possibly as the All-time HR king, the question that everyone will ask is, "Where did he hit his 500th HR???"

I was at the game where Eddie Murray hit his 496HR- it was the same game in which Roberto Alomar his 2 HRs (one from each sideof the plate)- and THAT was an awesome game to be at. BUt root for A-Rod- that just started off my day on the wrong foot.

Could you please point the sentence in that first post(that you quoted) that said i want him to hit the homer here?

You people who would cheer ARod make me sick. He's a Yankee and the Yankees have ruined year after year for the Orioles. How anyone can cheer for a Yankee is beyond me. The Yankees have ruined Baseball for millions of fans who never get to see their heroes in the Playoffs cause the Yankees HOG the Playoffs.

Archived