Would you cheer?

isestrex

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You people who would cheer ARod make me sick. He's a Yankee and the Yankees have ruined year after year for the Orioles. How anyone can cheer for a Yankee is beyond me. The Yankees have ruined Baseball for millions of fans who never get to see their heroes in the Playoffs cause the Yankees HOG the Playoffs.

The Yankee's didn't ruin baseball, free agency and Steinbrenner ruined baseball.

I hate being in the same division as them, and I enjoy it when they flounder because of that, but your stance is kinda ridiculous.

Hell, in this day and age, with the advent of free agency, is any player really devoted to one team? Look at how much press they're giving to the fact that both HoF inductees were with one team their entire career.

Plus, Rodriguez isn't a true Yankee. Just ask Steinbrenner.

The Yankee's didn't ruin baseball, free agency and Steinbrenner ruined baseball.

I hate being in the same division as them, and I enjoy it when they flounder because of that, but your stance is kinda ridiculous.

Hell, in this day and age, with the advent of free agency, is any player really devoted to one team? Look at how much press they're giving to the fact that both HoF inductees were with one team their entire career.

Plus, Rodriguez isn't a true Yankee. Just ask Steinbrenner.

Steinbrenner = Yankees - thats not ridiculous. :eek:

I've gotten to say this twice today: don't throw the baby out with the bathwater.

The Yankees are a ball team. They don't control how much money Steinbrenner throws at other players.

Wha? Steinbrenner owns the Yankees. For all practical purposes they are one and the same. Not always true with most teams, but with the Yankees Steinbrenner = Yankees.

Wha? Steinbrenner owns the Yankees. For all practical purposes they are one and the same. Not always true with most teams, but with the Yankees Steinbrenner = Yankees.

I don't blame the players for the sins of the owner. There are plenty of Yankees I simply don't like, but there also Indians and Mets and Mariners and Rangers and Brewers and Padres players I simply don't like, too.

But to overlook such an incredible achievement because the guy wears a uniform of a team...well...I don't abide that.

I was there for Hideo Nomo's no hitter. Was I particularly happy to be there when the O's got no-hit, especially in-division? No. Did I applaud the achievement? You bet.

When people say they like or dislike any player they are really just saying I like/dislike his publicist. I'd hafta hear from a reliable source about a given players personality. One of my friends works at a big bar downtown and has met a lot of the young Yanks and O's. When it comes to opinions on players I mostly just listen to him. He says that A-Rod is a really nice guy and pretty down to earth and that Jeter is the real sleeze of the team. He has also says that DCab is one of the nicest players he has ever met and the Bedard is so shy its shocking.

Funny as in odd...

I would much rather watch that MFY hit his 500th on Sportscenter....against the Royals. I just can't understand some of you wanting to see him set a record at our home ballpark.....:confused:

I know, I know....it's "history".......he's gonna do it eventually....but WHY would you want to see him do it against YOUR team? So you can say that "you were there" ???.........It's just something else those 30,000 MFY fans can use against us at OUR park....

What about those of you that WON'T be there......do you still want him to hit it against the O's?......even if it's "meaningless" as far as the outcome of the game?

Honestly, no disrespect meant towards any of you baseball loving historians out there.....but, I just don't want to see the MFY's do ANYTHING positive against my team....under ANY circumstances!

Funny as in odd...

I would much rather watch that MFY hit his 500th on Sportscenter....against the Royals. I just can't understand some of you wanting to see him set a record at our home ballpark.....:confused:

I know, I know....it's "history".......he's gonna do it eventually....but WHY would you want to see him do it against YOUR team? So you can say that "you were there" ???.........It's just something else those 30,000 MFY fans can use against us at OUR park....

What about those of you that WON'T be there......do you still want him to hit it against the O's?......even if it's "meaningless" as far as the outcome of the game?

Honestly, no disrespect meant towards any of you baseball loving historians out there.....but, I just don't want to see the MFY's do ANYTHING positive against my team....under ANY circumstances!

I don't want to see it. I just wouldn't be completely oblivious to baseball history if it did happen under our roof.

I don't want to see it. I just wouldn't be completely oblivious to baseball history if it did happen under our roof.

Agreed, I don't see much sentiment that anyone WANTS to see him do it, but just that they'd cheer for the accomplishment if he did. It's a great milestone, although it's been happening more lately. No one said they're rooting for the Yankees or anything like that. A Rod is an amazing hitter, whatever team he's playing for.

I don't think reading comprehension is something Cindy can do that well.

Anyway, i would love to be there and witness this.

This is something that doesn't happen that often.

Hopefully it wouldn't happen to really hurt us but it is still baseball history.

Do you have a College Education?:rolleyes:

How dare you say that to me!:mad:

It really does comes across that you are NOT a fan:rolleyes:

Archived