Orioles Trade Tommy Milone to the Braves

weams

So, I looked up the Braves 60 man pool and I believe the top 12 guys in the 2020 BA Prospect Handbook are in the pool and, thus, would not be PTBNL in our trade.  The 13, 14 and 15 guys on the list are not in the pool and include two interesting prospects.  At 13, with a 55 rating with Extreme Risk, is Michael Harris a highly athletic 2019 HS 3rd rounder.  Freddy Tarnok, the Braves 15th prospect a 2017 HS RHP, is interesting.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, hoosiers said:

So, I looked up the Braves 60 man pool and I believe the top 12 guys in the 2020 BA Prospect Handbook are in the pool and, thus, would not be PTBNL in our trade.  The 13, 14 and 15 guys on the list are not in the pool and include two interesting prospects.  At 13, with a 55 rating with Extreme Risk, is Michael Harris a highly athletic 2019 HS 3rd rounder.  Freddy Tarnok, the Braves 15th prospect a 2017 HS RHP, is interesting.

I would be surprised if we got a top 15 prospect in a loaded farm system.

I think this deal looks similar to the Cashner deal when it’s all said and done and if it does look like that deal, I think we would be extremely lucky to have gotten that much back.

Getting anything back is a positive.  

9 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

I would be surprised if we got a top 15 prospect in a loaded farm system.

I think this deal looks similar to the Cashner deal when it’s all said and done and if it does look like that deal, I think we would be extremely lucky to have gotten that much back.

Getting anything back is a positive.  

Milone's average season from 2016-19 was 64 innings of a 5.67.  Getting anything is wonderful.

18 minutes ago, weams said:

I hope the return was not contingent on results. 

As a kid did you ever play slow-pitch with someone who'd only been playing travel baseball for a long time?  They're so jacked up to hit 84 mph stuff that they're viciously swinging way out in front of every 35 mph lob.  It's pretty funny.  That could be people facing Milone for a little while.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/31/2020 at 8:46 AM, Frobby said:

LOL.   Staked to a 10-0 lead in the second inning and couldn’t last 3 innings.    Well, not our problem!   But I hope he does well for the Braves.  

Milone outdid himself tonight.   The Braves scored 13 runs in the first 3 innings but Milone was yanked after 3.1 after giving up 8 himself.