O's at Buffalo 8/31 2:07 pm

weams

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

11 minutes ago, Beef Supreme said:

If the Orioles traded more players before 4PM, might they ask MLB not to release the info if it involves player(s) currently playing in today's game?

o

Any time this subject comes up, I always think of this ...... 

That Time an MLB Player Got a Hit for 2 Teams, in 2 Cities, on the Same Day

(By Jason Foster)

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/mlb/news/joel-youngblood-two-hits-for-two-teams-same-day-1982-mets-expos/jtp9kadw3r171hdjti066djrh

That time an MLB player got a hit for two teams, in two cities, on the same  day | Sporting News

o

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Beef Supreme said:

Kevin Smith was rated the Mets' #12 prospect according to mlb.com.

#12 on prospectslive.com

Kevin Smith
This 7th round draft choice was a versatile pitcher for Georgia in his college times. Now, after being drafted by the Mets he’s a full time starter and hasn’t missed a beat.

He’s got legit strikeout stuff but for being 6-foot-5 isn’t that overpowering. He mainly uses deception and movement to his favor. Smith throws from a three-quarter arm slot and has a fastball that sits in the low 90’s, a tight spinning slider with horizontal movement, and a good changeup that gives him another quality offering.

With his great extension and ability to hide the ball, it creates the interpretation illusion that his fastball is harder than it actually is. This in turn creates awkward swings and more strikeouts. If he continues with the quality outings he’ll be in the rotation going forward. However, don’t be surprised if Smith ends up being a dominant bullpen arm for the Mets moving forward, as his stuff would play even better in the bullpen than the rotation.

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

He’s started 14 games there this year.    

That top SS prospect of Miami's that oped out of the season for Covid is apparently opting back in.  Not sure when he will be ready to play.

BTW did you see the Miami GM's comment on Villar.  Paraphrasing from memory, said he was talented but he got too reckless and took too many chances, refused to "get with the program".

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Philip said:

I was an hour late starting the game, so I missed a bunch, but the Toronto radio announcers were saying that Akin Had not thrown more than 48 pitches, And today he had thrown 75, and they were wondering why he had not been pulled. That was just before the walk and the double, so I’m not the only person who complains that Hyde leaves his starters in too long.

edit: Hyde leaving Akin in too long is why there were runners on for Alberto’s error.

I seriously doubt the Blue Jay announcers know how many pitches Akin was throwing each time out in Bowie.

Through 4 innings he had allowed a walk and 2 hits and no runs.  And apparently Hyde did get Lakin up pretty quickly in the 5th as it went out, walk, double, pitching change.  But I guess you, Mr Hindsight, would have taken him out after the walk?  Or maybe after the out, because you sensed the walk coming?

7 minutes ago, SteveA said:

That top SS prospect of Miami's that oped out of the season for Covid is apparently opting back in.  Not sure when he will be ready to play.

BTW did you see the Miami GM's comment on Villar.  Paraphrasing from memory, said he was talented but he got too reckless and took too many chances, refused to "get with the program".

He’s had a very poor year on the basepaths: 9 SB but 5 CS, plus picked off two other times.    Not a good ratio!    He was spectacular for us on the bases last year.    

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, SteveA said:

I'm in NY (but not Buffalo) so all I have is Game day.  They say it was a throwing error.  Were you just using "glove" as shorthand for defense in general?

He gloved it fine. Then he threw flat footed over Nunez's head from 40 feet instead on taking a hop to set his feet properly.

• Thanks 1