What will the O's 2021 draft be like?

oriolediehard

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

Don't they have the most difficult projected remaining schedule?

Yeah, I have to imagine it will be heavy Yankees and Tampa for a bit, and I'm sure strength of schedule is a big part of their predictions. Who knows? I honestly didn't realize the Nats were doing so badly.

Though it hasn't yet been announced, speculation is that the draft will be during the All Star break. With the elimination of short season minor league teams next year, it is easier to hold the draft later in the year. The draft will be 20 rounds next year (this was part of the negotiations to restart the season).

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Tony-OH said:

Yeah, I have to imagine it will be heavy Yankees and Tampa for a bit, and I'm sure strength of schedule is a big part of their predictions. Who knows? I honestly didn't realize the Nats were doing so badly.

It’s amazing considering what Soto and Turner are doing.  

On 9/4/2020 at 5:08 AM, Roll Tide said:

Ok Haha

Seriously, if they include last year we are probably picking 2 or 3

If I were Manfred, I’d project this year’s record to 162 games, and average that with last year’s record to come up with the draft order.   

The suggestion in the article I posted of taking the average of the winning % in both years likely comes up w very similar results, but is technically/mathematically more appealing.  For instance, maybe a team played 160 games in 2019, now the 2020 results carry ever so slightly more weight.