Orioles Play Two Vs. Yankees 9/4

weams

1 hour ago, SteveA said:

Who would you have subbed for Cobb hours before the game when he had to go on the IL?

Anybody? Literally. You are allowed to call up anybody as an injury replacement. Anybody who is stretched out as a starter and has been on appropriate rest would be eligible. Now I don’t know who that would be, But I would wager my immortal soul that there were at least two guys who could fit that bill, and I would rather have either one of them whoever they are.

1 minute ago, Philip said:

Anybody? Literally. You are allowed to call up anybody as an injury replacement. Anybody who is stretched out as a starter and has been on appropriate rest would be eligible. Now I don’t know who that would be, But I would wager my immortal soul that there were at least two guys who could fit that bill, and I would rather have either one of them whoever they are.

If you haven't figured it out yet, Elias isn't going to bring prospects up ahead of their timetable just because of an injury at the MLB level.   We don't know what that timetable is, he does.

Eshelman had a 3.48 ERA so far this year in his 20 innings coming in.   He last pitched an inning Tuesday.   Seemed like the obvious move to me.