Tracking Ex Oriole Thread

Rene88

Good idea for a thread. I was thinking about posting something yesterday after Beckham homered for the second time. I'm really curious to see how Miley pans out with the Astros. He's looked like a different pitcher this spring. 2.19 ERA, 1.22 WHIP with 10 Ks in 12 innings.  Maybe they do have the magic formula to getting the most out of their pitchers. Time will tell. 

8 minutes ago, wildbillhiccup said:

Good idea for a thread. I was thinking about posting something yesterday after Beckham homered for the second time. I'm really curious to see how Miley pans out with the Astros. He's looked like a different pitcher this spring. 2.19 ERA, 1.22 WHIP with 10 Ks in 12 innings.  Maybe they do have the magic formula to getting the most out of their pitchers. Time will tell. 

Miley is always been a puzzle.

Talented pitcher, and let, let his head get into it too much.

I remember one of the MASN guys telling Miley to just throw the pitch and not over think it, went out and got 12 Ks, his next start and had a good 3 or 4 game run, before slipping back into his usual mediocre stuff.

Amid all the gloom and doom, one happy note has been our rule five guys. They both made the team, and they both deserved to, and each can expect to be a genuinely productive part of this team. How do you think it feels to make the jump from single or double A all the way to a major-league roster? 

Good for them! Very good for them!

49 minutes ago, Santandah said:

Yesterday some of the guys we loved and lost -- or in the case of Tim Beckam just endured and lost -- had pretty big days. I thought it might be fun to check in on how the ex-O’s we let go during the purge of 2018 are doing throughout the year. 

I don’t think this should be a running tab of misery, but perhaps something more sentimental, because I want Adam Jones and Jon Schoop to succeed in their new homes, and I’ll always be curious about how Manny marches toward a potential date with Cooperstown. So, maybe we can track how they’re doing. 

So, no. I don’t think that this should be a place to post highlights of Josh Hader’s awesome 6-out save yesterday. That’s milk spilt long ago. 

But hey. AJ went 2-4 with a dinger leading off for the D-Backs yesterday.

Manny went hitless in his Pad’s debut, but made a great play

Tim Beckham went yard twice off of Chris Sale

And Schoop had an 0-fer

Beckham is going to break the hearts of Seattle. He also muffed a play on the infield, but I think it went for a generous hit instead of an error.

he is well away from BMore

51 minutes ago, Santandah said:

Yesterday some of the guys we loved and lost -- or in the case of Tim Beckam just endured and lost -- had pretty big days. I thought it might be fun to check in on how the ex-O’s we let go during the purge of 2018 are doing throughout the year. 

I don’t think this should be a running tab of misery, but perhaps something more sentimental, because I want Adam Jones and Jon Schoop to succeed in their new homes, and I’ll always be curious about how Manny marches toward a potential date with Cooperstown. So, maybe we can track how they’re doing. 

So, no. I don’t think that this should be a place to post highlights of Josh Hader’s awesome 6-out save yesterday. That’s milk spilt long ago. 

But hey. AJ went 2-4 with a dinger leading off for the D-Backs yesterday.

Manny went hitless in his Pad’s debut, but made a great play

Tim Beckham went yard twice off of Chris Sale

And Schoop had an 0-fer

PS I’d really like to see a video of Joey’s good catch yesterday but I have an able to find it anywhere. Do you have access to it?

1 hour ago, wildbillhiccup said:

He was really good for Milwaukee last year when healthy

• Upvote 1

On 3/26/2019 at 8:23 PM, SteveA said:

Ex-Oriole related: Steven Souza Jr, who was likely starter in RF for the Dbacks, messed his knee up REAL bad and is out for the season.

Adam Jones's likely playing time increases significantly with SSJr's misfortune

Ow!   I had a friend do that in a neighborhood softball game once. He was chasing full speed after a fly ball near the foul line, almost overran it, twisted while his leg was planted to reach back to make the catch, and crumpled in a heap. All three ligaments torn.   He recovered nicely and has been playing with us for about 10 years since rehabbing from his injury.    He did lose a bit of speed, but at our age it’s hard to tell how much was due to injury vs. being older than dirt.