Tracking Ex Oriole Thread

Rene88

3 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Seems like all the guys that we traded, or got rid off, are all off to really good starts. Sometimes its a SSS, sometimes it’s a fresh start, I think the manager lost the clubhouse in the 2016 WC game and these guys are renewed. 

Oops!  SSS but KG regressed a bit vs Mets in last night's start.  Silver lining?  5.2 and 5 K?  ERA 2.84!

KG 5.2 IP 4 ER 1 HR 5 K 3 BB 102 P

https://www.mlb.com/gameday/mets-vs-braves/2019/04/11/567163#game_state=final,lock_state=final,game_tab=box,game=567163

14 minutes ago, bobmc said:

Oops!  SSS but KG regressed a bit vs Mets in last night's start.  Silver lining?  5.2 and 5 K?  ERA 2.84!

KG 5.2 IP 4 ER 1 HR 5 K 3 BB 102 P

https://www.mlb.com/gameday/mets-vs-braves/2019/04/11/567163#game_state=final,lock_state=final,game_tab=box,game=567163

That's a pretty KG line right there.

• Upvote 1

For some reason, I find myself rooting against Gausman doing well.    It’s like I don’t want to believe that his so-so performance here was due to poor development and coaching.    It’s stupid, since all those coaches are gone, we have a completely new regime here, and generally I like the Braves.   But I also don’t want to feel like we got badly ripped off in that trade, and the better Gausman does, the worse I’ll feel about that. So I appreciate it when he has a mediocre game like last night’s.  

Meanwhile, at least Darren O’Day is making us look good for dumping his contract.    He’s still shut down with no projected return date.   https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbssports.com/fantasy/baseball/news/braves-darren-oday-shut-down/amp/.   But the truth is, I’ve always really liked O’Day and I hope he returns and does well for the Braves.

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, Frobby said:

For some reason, I find myself rooting against Gausman doing well.    It’s like I don’t want to believe that his so-so performance here was due to poor development and coaching.    It’s stupid, since all those coaches are gone, we have a completely new regime here, and generally I like the Braves.   But I also don’t want to feel like we got badly ripped off in that trade, and the better Gausman does, the worse I’ll feel about that. So I appreciate it when he has a mediocre game like last night’s.  

Meanwhile, at least Darren O’Day is making us look good for dumping his contract.    He’s still shut down with no projected return date.   https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbssports.com/fantasy/baseball/news/braves-darren-oday-shut-down/amp/.   But the truth is, I’ve always really liked O’Day and I hope he returns and does well for the Braves.

I think you are under-rating Gausman. He has close to 12 career WAR and just turned 28.  He was a good pitcher for us.  Also, don't understand your logic.  Gausman had a lot more trade value at the time.  It is the fact that we wanted someone to absorb 12 million dollars of O'Days salary that we got a bad return. 

I am not sure why you want Gausman to do poorly.  The trade is done. It was terrible at the time and no matter if Gausman does badly the rest of his career it would still be a bad trade.  Just like the Bedard trade you have to grade his value at the time of the trade to see if it was a good deal or not and you can't take his future injuries into account. In either situation we were trading the player no matter what. 

13 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I think the return on the trade for that one was so poor that it really makes you not want to get ripped off on it.  Even Braves fans were amazed at how little they had to give up on that one.  Truly a headscratcher.

1 hour ago, glenn__davis said:

I think the return on the trade for that one was so poor that it really makes you not want to get ripped off on it.  Even Braves fans were amazed at how little they had to give up on that one.  Truly a headscratcher.

True dat and we won't know until DD writes his "tell-all".  Well, unless we buy what @Can of Corn is selling.  Corn and @atomic seem to be in agreement once again!  ?

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

Even if our coaching was terrible, LSU has top notch coaching. He was the 5th pick in the draft. He was basically a finished product. Just another guy that doesn’t have an out pitch. 0-2 hits aren’t a coaches fault. Lack of a put away pitch, or lack of brains to get by with what you have.