Rene88

Tracking Ex Oriole Thread

On 1/14/2022 at 3:28 PM, SteveA said:

Travis Snider retires.

Apparently, even though he hadn't played in the majors since 2015, he was still playing in the minors last season.

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2022/01/travis-snider-announces-retirement.html

When you haven't played in the majors for 6 years, you don't have to "retire".  You have already been retired by MLB for 5+ years. 

• Plus Member
On 1/14/2022 at 3:28 PM, SteveA said:

Travis Snider retires.

Apparently, even though he hadn't played in the majors since 2015, he was still playing in the minors last season.

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2022/01/travis-snider-announces-retirement.html

Snider has some very interesting tweets reflecting on the highs and lows of what it was like being a professional baseball player.   Here’s a link to his feed; scroll to the earliest one on Jan. 15 and read up.  Adam Jones retweeted them all.  
https://mobile.twitter.com/lunchboxhero45

• Upvote 1

• Plus Member

Celebrated 2016 bullpen cannon fodder and proud owner of 6.1 IP in an Orioles uniform Logan Ondrusek has signed with a CPBL team in Taiwan: https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2022/01/cpbls-uni-president-lions-sign-keury-mella-logan-ondrusek.html

It seems like the CPBL is getting more aggressive in signing former MLB'ers this off-season. Not sure if its the lockout and guys want to know where they're playing or maybe because of the lockout more of these signings are being announced in a more noticeable format but it'd be cool if the CPBL could start to catch up to the KBO in terms of competition. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Gametime:  1:35pm Weather:  Hot, precipitation later but should be after game is over Matchup:  Corey Kluber (R) vs Spenser Watkins (R) Lineups 1. Kevin Kiermaier (L) CF 2. Randy Arozarena (R) LF 3. Ji-Man Choi (L) 1B 4. Harold Ramirez (R) DH 5. Vidal Brujan (S) 2B 6. Isaac Paredes (R) 3B 7. Brett Phillips (L) RF 8. Mike Zunino (R) C 9. Taylor Walls (S) SS   1. Cedric Mullins (L) CF 2. Trey Mancini (R) RF 3. Anthony Santander (S) LF 4. Ryan Mountcastle (R) 1B 5. Adley Rutschman (S) DH 6. Ramon Urias (R) 3B 7. Rougned Odor (L) 2B 8. Robinson Chirinos (R) C 9. Jorge Mateo (R) SS   Orioles Bench Austin Hays (R) Ryan McKenna (R) Tyler Nevin (R) Chris Owings (R)   Bullpen Availability / Last pitched Available Bryan Baker 0.1 IP, 11p Friday;  1.0 IP, 22p Thursday Felix Bautista  0.1 IP, 8p Thursday;  0.1 IP, 11p Wednesday Joey Krehbiel  0.2 IP, 16p Thursday;  1.0 IP, 9p Tuesday  Jorge Lopez 1.0 IP, 33p Thursday;  1.0 IP, 15p Wednesday Cionel Perez (L)  0.2 IP, 6p Friday;  0.1 IP, 7p Wednesday;  0.1 IP, 6p Tuesday Dillon Tate 1.0 IP, 8p Friday  1.0 IP, 10p Thursday   Probably Not Available Keegan Akin (L)  2.1 IP, 33p Friday Not Available Mike Baumann 3.2 IP, 51p yesterday  
    • Man this place is packed. Good day for me to have gotten a parking pass, yikes! Also loving the clubhouse pregame. They’ve got free popcorn, free cold water and cold Pepsi products in addition to the bar. And a charging station!
    • Fair enough. I'm surprised you have Donta' William's on the up.  It's close but he's disappointed me just a bit.  I was expecting a .280-300 hitter.  I also think expectations were too high on Willems.  He didn't do much with minimum AB's in the FCL and catcher's spend a lot of time on defensive technique.  He doesn't turn 19 until June.  He currently has a 6 game hitting streak and is beginning to look like one of the better hitters on the team. He's also thrown out about 40% of base stealers.  Look past the overall numbers.  Stock up!
    • I’d say yes, slightly disappointing.   Of our four farm teams, only Aberdeen has played well.   There are a few good stories beyond the preseason top 30: Shayne Fontana, Justin Armbruester, Carlos Tavera, Nick Vespi, Daryl Hernaiz, Isaac Bellamy, and Juan De Los Santos, to name a few.    I may have been too hard on Stowers.  
  • Popular Contributors