Tracking Ex Oriole Thread

Rene88

He was only an Oriole from December 23, 2013 to February 21, 2014.   I don't know if he even reported to Sarasota and put on a uniform before being claimed on waivers by the Blue Jays in February.

But White Sox closer Liam Hendriks announces that he has non-Hodgkins lymphoma...

https://www.foxsports.com/stories/mlb/white-sox-closer-liam-hendriks-announces-non-hodgkins-lymphoma-diagnosis

1 hour ago, SteveA said:

He was only an Oriole from December 23, 2013 to February 21, 2014.   I don't know if he even reported to Sarasota and put on a uniform before being claimed on waivers by the Blue Jays in February.

But White Sox closer Liam Hendriks announces that he has non-Hodgkins lymphoma...

https://www.foxsports.com/stories/mlb/white-sox-closer-liam-hendriks-announces-non-hodgkins-lymphoma-diagnosis

I really hope he can get through this. I wish him the best!

From Roch:

“Speaking of [Alex] Wells, he remains a minor league free agent. He made two relief appearances last season, allowing two solo home runs and five hits with six strikeouts in 3 2/3 innings, and went on the injured list with a UCL strain. The Orioles outrighted him in September.

“Infielders Rougned Odor and Richie Martin, catcher Robinson Chirinos, first baseman Jesús Aguilar, outfielders DJ Stewart and Yusniel Díaz, and pitchers Matt Harvey and Chris Ellis also remain major league or minor league free agents.”

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Frobby said:

From Roch:

“Speaking of [Alex] Wells, he remains a minor league free agent. He made two relief appearances last season, allowing two solo home runs and five hits with six strikeouts in 3 2/3 innings, and went on the injured list with a UCL strain. The Orioles outrighted him in September.

“Infielders Rougned Odor and Richie Martin, catcher Robinson Chirinos, first baseman Jesús Aguilar, outfielders DJ Stewart and Yusniel Díaz, and pitchers Matt Harvey and Chris Ellis also remain major league or minor league free agents.”

I think Alex Wells could have success in Japan or Korea, where pinpoint command tends to matter more than elite velocity. I imagine he'd make more as well, but sometimes things aren't all about money and if he wants to be a Major Leaguer I wish him the best. I have enjoyed following his career in the minors and hope he can find success.