Tracking Ex Oriole Thread

Rene88

JJ has 2 wins in last 2 outings...and the A's are red hot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He's still put men on base in 7 out of 8 appearances this year. His only clean outing came in dominant fashion (albeit in a losing effort) against the Mariners (2 innings, 4 K's). I didn't see highlights from the two wins, but he gave up a hit and a walk in 2 innings against the Angels yesterday, and 1 hit in 1 inning against them the day before. No idea if those "winning" innings were buoyed by good luck, or if they're signs that Johnson's returning to (good) form.

I don't generally wish him ill, so I'd be perfectly happy if he dominates everyone else in the league...so long as he loses his lunch if/when he faces the O's.

I bet Nate McLouth didn't think he was signing up for 26 PA through 11 games when he signed with the Nats.

And of course he's hitting .100 because we all know Nate is a guy that needs PAs to succeed. He thrives on confidence and needs time to get into a rhythm. The Nats are using him all wrong and I feel bad for the guy.

He is a guy that went from essentially out of baseball to an 8 figure contract on the back of four good months. I don't feel sorry for him.

I bet Nate McLouth didn't think he was signing up for 26 PA through 11 games when he signed with the Nats.

And of course he's hitting .100 because we all know Nate is a guy that needs PAs to succeed. He thrives on confidence and needs time to get into a rhythm. The Nats are using him all wrong and I feel bad for the guy.

Agree 100%, hopefully he will get more at bats as the season goes on here.

Your sentiments don't reflect his production last year. After a very good April, he had only one month (July, .770) in which his OPS was higher than .689.

From MLB trade rumors...

The Phillies have signed outfielder Adam Loewen to a minor league deal, according to the MLB.com transactions page. Loewen, 30, was once rated as high as the 13th overall prospect in the game by Baseball America -- as a pitcher. He transitioned to the field since having his career derailed by elbow issues, and last year posted a .267/.359/.435 line in 496 plate appearances, most of them coming at the Double-A level. But Loewen will return to the hill with Philadelphia, according to a tweet from Jim Salisbury of CSNPhilly.com.

Hopefully McLouth is a realistic evaluator of his abilities, and knows that he can't hit lefties at all, has been wildly up and down lately, and is 32 years old. He has to be doing a little dance every night thinking about his $11M guaranteed plus an option contract.

I'm sure all below-average players think that, given enough regular playing time, they'd be above average. It's not true. If you're a .730 OPS left fielder who needs 600 PAs to really show what you can do... well, it kind of sucks to be you. Unless you can wrangle a contract with the Astros. Or maybe the Fukuoka Softbank Hawks.

He is a guy that went from essentially out of baseball to an 8 figure contract on the back of four good months. I don't feel sorry for him.

Yea, he's doing about as well as he could have hoped. After April of 2012, if he hadn't played as well as he did with the Orioles he was staring the Atlantic League in the face.

Edited by DrungoHazewood

From MLB trade rumors...

The Phillies have signed outfielder Adam Loewen to a minor league deal, according to the MLB.com transactions page. Loewen, 30, was once rated as high as the 13th overall prospect in the game by Baseball America -- as a pitcher. He transitioned to the field since having his career derailed by elbow issues, and last year posted a .267/.359/.435 line in 496 plate appearances, most of them coming at the Double-A level. But Loewen will return to the hill with Philadelphia, according to a tweet from Jim Salisbury of CSNPhilly.com.

Can't believe Loewen is 30 already. Man that makes me feel old. I remember when it

appeared that guys like him, Garrett Olson(wonder where he is these days), Daniel

Cabrera, and others looked like the new hopes.

He's still put men on base in 7 out of 8 appearances this year. His only clean outing came in dominant fashion (albeit in a losing effort) against the Mariners (2 innings, 4 K's). I didn't see highlights from the two wins, but he gave up a hit and a walk in 2 innings against the Angels yesterday, and 1 hit in 1 inning against them the day before. No idea if those "winning" innings were buoyed by good luck, or if they're signs that Johnson's returning to (good) form.

I don't generally wish him ill, so I'd be perfectly happy if he dominates everyone else in the league...so long as he loses his lunch if/when he faces the O's.

So, he is out of the closer role for now, correct?