#12 2020 Prospect: Yusniel Diaz - RF

Tony-OH

16 hours ago, Tony-OH said:

In my defense, Elias gave him up for nothing and he had way more information on him than me. Elias choose Dwight Smith Jr. over him. 

Correct

Nobody seamed to be high on the guy.

Again, I really wasnt wanting to knock you, because its not an exact science when looking at guys.

Just was so eerie, same thing, maybe 4th COFer.

Lord knows, I couldnt do it.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• I have a feeling we’ll see a lot of the starters pulled mid-game.  
    • I usually post the lyrics of Paul Simon’s Night Game on the last day of the season, but it doesn’t really fit for a team going to the playoffs.   So I’ll wait, and hopefully never have occasion to post it.   
    • Yea I didn’t get this either. 
    • Why pitch Suarez today instead of yesterday?   That makes no sense to me.  
    • Please don’t compare OAA and dWAR.  OAA and dWAR are not comparable stats.  First of all, OAA is measured in outs, while dWAR is measured in wins.   That’s a very different scale.   Second, OAA is not adjusting for difficulty of position, while dWAR contains a significant adjustment for position.   Third, OAA measures range but doesn’t measure the throwing aspect of being an outfielder.   If you want to compare apples to apples (and I assume you do), Statcast has a statistic called Fielding Runs Value that converts OAA plus the throwing aspect into runs.   Cowser has a +10 FRV, which as the names implies, is measured in runs.  FRV feeds directly into the fWAR calculation, along with a factor that adjusts for difficulty of position, which for Cowser is measured at -4.1 runs.   Meanwhile, rWAR uses Defensive Runs Saved (DRS), which is directly comparable to FRV.  Cowser has a +3 DRS, not as good as his +10 FRV.   Those are the comparable stats, and the 7 run difference converts to about 0.7 WAR. That’s the main difference between Cowser’s 4.1 fWAR and 3.2 rWAR. I see that after Gil’s poor performance yesterday, Cowser now leads him in both rWAR (3.2 to 3.1) and fWAR (4.1 to 2.2).   So, I like Cowser’s chances.      
    • I'm the opposite.  I don't want him sitting too much and getting into his own head.
    • Our key players aren't ready to uphold their part of the deal yet, but the Peak Orioles Teams sometime this decade against these Dodgers before they get too old would be an amazing matchup.      I've only gotten to watch most of a Dodgers game the past week or so, and one of the impressions even though they are HOF and still near the very best is that Freddie and Mookie are fraying some as time continues its unbeaten streak. I think we're the likeliest club of any of the 29 others to be able to out-talent the Dodgers anytime soon.
  • Popular Contributors