Potential bidders lining up, no indication ownership willing to sell

eddie83

2 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Plank/Ripken would be a nice combo.

14 minutes ago, NJOriolesFan said:

A combined group of Cal Ripken Jr, Steve Bisciotti and Kevin Plank would be fantastic.

Why do folks think Ripken would be an asset?

Has he done that much with his minor league teams that indicate he'd be a good owner?

I'm asking out of honest curiosity.  Is it just what he did as a player that is influencing people?

46 minutes ago, Frobby said:

The lease news is the most important part of this IMO.

I was wondering who owned Camden yards? I thought it was the team, but I guess the city of Baltimore owns it? I don’t care who owns the team, but I don’t want them to leave Baltimore. I think it would be horrible, as well as being a complete surrender to the nationals, which would really get my goat.

I agree with Toney‘s comment about political activism.

I do not want the team to move. I will never forget the Utah jazz? If there’s ever a more inappropriate mascot for the place where the team resides, it is jazz in Utah, and I hate to think about the Montreal Orioles or the San Antonio Orioles, And I hate to think about that glorious ballpark sitting empty.

Typically prior to sale the team will strip it down to as few liabilities as possible, I mean they have definitely accomplished that over the past few years. They have been *awesome* at hoarding cash, "for the good of the team" of course. One does have to wonder who would be interested in buying a team that allegedly makes no money, an RSN that makes no money, and barely struggles to keep the lights on according to some around here. Maybe I'll actually be able to root for a baseball team again next season....one can dream I guess.

3 minutes ago, TradeAngelos said:

Typically prior to sale the team will strip it down to as few liabilities as possible, I mean they have definitely accomplished that over the past few years. They have been *awesome* at hoarding cash, "for the good of the team" of course. One does have to wonder who would be interested in buying a team that allegedly makes no money, an RSN that makes no money, and barely struggles to keep the lights on according to some around here. Maybe I'll actually be able to root for a baseball team again next season....one can dream I guess.

Potential buyers will be able to take a look at the real books.

26 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Hard pass. I don't want to see the Orioles take a hard turn into politics anymore than they have.

Bisciotti has allowed political ideology to be significant part of the Ravens' organization public persona. Whether I agree with his political stance or not, I do not want Bisciotti anywhere near the Orioles organization. 

Now I don't want this is turn political so there is no reason to talk about what the Ravens have done, but my preference would be to have an owner that is solely focused on providing the funding to make the Orioles a first class competitive baseball franchise once again! 

Regardless, if the Orioles ownership is preparing to sell the team, then we can forget about any kind of offseason pick ups this year (which I was not counting on anyways).

Ehh, I get that but at the end of the day, the Ravens are one of the best run organizations in sports.  That’s what I want.  I can ignore the rest of it.

Also, i think there’s a larger cry for that in football than baseball anyway. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Ehh, I get that but at the end of the day, the Ravens are one of the best run organizations in sports.  That’s what I want.  I can ignore the rest of it.

Also, i think there’s a larger cry for that in football than baseball anyway. 

Yeah when someone puts a gun to your head you will tend to do whatever they want to remove the danger of said gun that is about to kill you. The political angle means nothing in the overall scheme of things anyway. Give me an owner who wants to and knows how to win......and will do what it takes to do so.....period. Who that guy is in the city right now.....I don't have the slightest clue. I doubt it is any of the aforementioned. Plank has much bigger problems to worry about with UA, I highly doubt he is in any position to be acquiring multi billion dollar assets. Bisciotti has already said the lack of cost control with the way baseball is set up is pretty much a non starter for him.