• Zach Britton
    • Brandon Erbe
    • Tyler Henson
    • LJ Hoes
    • Nolan Reimold

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Maybe I should just take Erbe off the polls because he's going to sink you guys again?

You all are heading for 3-4....

Considering Erbe was ahead of Rowell and Snyder in the Carolina top 20, I believe he should be in your top 7 :scratchchinhmm:

Considering Erbe was ahead of Rowell and Snyder in the Carolina top 20, I believe he should be in your top 7 :scratchchinhmm:

Ok, if you want to make your opinion based off a manager's poll then you are right. I don't go by those end of season reports at all. They are a neat little gauge to compare the Orioles prospects to other teams prospects based off the managers of the league, but they are of little value when I put together my list.

I'm not here to convince you though. Be my guest to think I'm crazy because I don't happen to agree with a manager's poll. All I do is give you a detailed breakdown and explanation why guys are where they are.

I can see how a list of 20 players from a manager's poll (one in which most were probably just going off of memory and not a detailed and thorough review) would be much more convincing though. ;)

Are we supposed to be voting for who we think Tony's are, or who we think they should be?

The vote is for who we think will be the OH Top prospects. There is another thread for us to put our lists somewhere in the Minors section, I believe.

That said, I went with Reimold, he's too close to Snyder, IMO, to not be there.

I think Erbe should be in the top 10, but I'm not concerned if he falls out. I have a feeling a solid showing at Bowie next year will get him back into top prospect status.

Are we supposed to be voting for who we think Tony's are, or who we think they should be?

I've done both - I voted for Erbe for no. 5 and no. 6, but this time I voted for Reimold because of what Tony had said and because I think it's close. I refuse to vote for another pitcher ahead of Erbe, though, so he'll get my vote at no. 8.

Ok, if you want to make your opinion based off a manager's poll then you are right. I don't go by those end of season reports at all. They are a neat little gauge to compare the Orioles prospects to other teams prospects based off the managers of the league, but they are of little value when I put together my list.

I'm not here to convince you though. Be my guest to think I'm crazy because I don't happen to agree with a manager's poll. All I do is give you a detailed breakdown and explanation why guys are where they are.

I can see how a list of 20 players from a manager's poll (one in which most were probably just going off of memory and not a detailed and thorough review) would be much more convincing though. ;)

Some of us are voting on what we've seen, not on the managers poll. IIRC, I did my top 15ish before the managers poll came out, and I had Erbe at number 5.

If you think Erbe should be out of the top ten, then fine, but there's no need to assume that people who disagree with you don't know what they're talking about. This is especially true given how much uncertainty there is with prospects.

Some of us are voting on what we've seen, not on the managers poll. IIRC, I did my top 15ish before the managers poll came out, and I had Erbe at number 5.

If you think Erbe should be out of the top ten, then fine, but there's no need to assume that people who disagree with you don't know what they're talking about. This is especially true given how much uncertainty there is with prospects.

Not that Tony needs me to defend him....

But, Tony was reponding to Ty's post where Ty specifically referenced using the BA poll as a resource. Tony was just stating why he doesn't like to use that poll in forming the Top 10.

I don't really see what the problem is. :noidea:

It will be interesting to see where BA ranks the O's system since they use the feedback from scouts to determine their organization lists.

I'm not questioning your picks...I'm just trying to rationalize some things. If you see Erbe as only a reliever then he should be outside the top 10, but since he's young and still has the potential to be a middle of the rotation starter, he deserves to be a top prospect.

Who in the hell assumed that? I directly responded to Ty after he said that BA had Erbe ranked above Rowell and Snyder.

Not that Tony needs me to defend him....

But, Tony was reponding to Ty's post where Ty specifically referenced using the BA poll as a resource. Tony was just stating why he doesn't like to use that poll in forming the Top 10.

I don't really see what the problem is. :noidea:

No kidding? I can see one person that has found their way into my "don't care, don't respond list." :rolleyestf:

People like that are the ones that make me less likely to respond. Sometimes I wonder why I should take so much time to explain myself when there are people out there who already have the answers. :rolleyes:

Archived