Jose Iglesias traded to Angels.

LookinUp

1 minute ago, owknows said:

Is it fair to say that technically he's a current 5th round pick?

Naw, he's older now so probably not that high.

He didn't pitch in games in 2019 and I have no idea if he was part of the Angel's extended camp but I highly doubt it.

Why should anyone be higher on him now then they were on draft day?

3 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:
5 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

But he's a former fifth round pick, I know how much draft pedigree means to you.

It does.  

I know how much not spending a couple hundred thousand in the draft means to you.

Look at Elias getting that 5th round pick and not spending the couple hundred thousand - that's some GMming.

I use Prospects1500 for dynasty leagues, and according to them, Stallings is the Angels 19th prospect, and Pina their 21st.  It looks like Stallings profiles as a low ceiling/high floor back of rotation starter who controls pitchers well, and Pina may be a high leverage reliever if he can't develop a third pitch.  Not a bad return, but nothing to write home about either.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Can_of_corn said:

Naw, he's older now so probably not that high.

He didn't pitch in games in 2019 and I have no idea if he was part of the Angel's extended camp but I highly doubt it.

Why should anyone be higher on him now then they were on draft day?

I looked at his stats and was wondering... injured?

13 minutes ago, wildcard said:

They will not lose a 100 in 2021.  Mullins, Hays, Mountcastle, Mancini, Santander,  Valaika, Diaz and maybe even Rutschman in the 2nd half.   Means, Kremer, Akins, Cobb.  And a good 7 or 8 relievers in the pen.    This team will not lose 100.  And I think they will be fun to watch.

They did not lose at a 100 loss pace this season.   But this move makes them worse.

It’s fair to say that Elias and the scouts may have scouted him when they did the Bundy deal.

I do think the return for Iglesias is fine.  A recent 5th round pick from an SEC school and a lottery ticket that could have some upside is fine.  Nothing wrong with the return.

The problem is the motivation behind the deal (all financial) and we have no one to play SS for a little while.