Who's the number nine prospect?  

165 members have voted

1. 1. Who's the number nine prospect?

• Ryan Adams
    • Zach Britton
    • Brandon Erbe
    • David Hernandez
    • LJ Hoes

Hoes hasn't proved anything yet fellas!! Let him prove what he can do while playing up a level, like Delmarva or even Aberdeen.

This is flawed logic.

Just because a player hasn't played in an advanced league, doesn't mean he can't be considered a top prospect. Hoes has the potential, draft pedigree, and early results to justify him being a top-10 prospect.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This is flawed logic.

Just because a player hasn't played in an advanced league, doesn't mean he can't be considered a top prospect. Hoes has the potential, draft pedigree, and early results to justify him being a top-10 prospect.

I'm not denying that he has potential but all he has done is put up numbers in a glorified high school. There has been many player that preformed very well in the GCL and never amount to anything. But then again Big Mac you have perfect logic. I'm not only one that thinks my freind Stotle also:

I agree with this (though admittedly I think I had him at 11 or 12 in the top 30 thread). I have essentially the same view of him that I did on draft day. He's very solid across the board and is advanced from a "baseball" perspective. He moves well, has a solid swing, good command of the strike zone, very quick bat, strong arm, plus speed and is an athlete.

The knocks are still the same. A little undersized with not much room in his frame to add bulk. Still learning 2B, though he's looked good (as would be expected based on his baseball acumen).

Looks like a ceiling of above-AVG 2b with a projection of solid-regular ML 2B that doesn't really standout for anything in particular (that said, I wouldn't be surprised to see him reach his ceiling if his quick wrists translate to a little more pop as he progresses). He's far enough away that I see 10 prospects who fit in ahead of him, as of this Fall.

Eh, respectfually I disagree. I'm sure you've seen him more often than I have, but I've never seen more than solid-average arm strength. It could perhaps play on the left side, I'll defer to you with that.

The real point, though, is that you have a lot less time to get rid of the ball on the left side. I'm not confident at all that Adams would do this quickly and accurately on a consistent basis. If his arm were a true plus-arm, he could take a little more time.

Just my take.

I thought that too the first two times I saw him then I saw him take some infield and I was like, whoa, that's not the arm I saw in games. Then I talked with Joe Jordan and he told me he always had a strong arm and that he thought he could play on the left side of the infield. BTW, you never saw me say accuracy was a plus now did you? :D

It's not a plus shortstop arm, but it's an average shortstop arm and probably a good solid third base arm.

Tony has all but said Erbe isn't in the top 10. So why people keep voting for him is beyond me...

It's all about the Hoes...

Actually, I never said that. I just said that there is was one guy that most people won't like where he ends up, and I think judging by the voting, Erbe is the guy.

I thought that too the first two times I saw him then I saw him take some infield and I was like, whoa, that's not the arm I saw in games. Then I talked with Joe Jordan and he told me he always had a strong arm and that he thought he could play on the left side of the infield. BTW, you never saw me say accuracy was a plus now did you? :D

It's not a plus shortstop arm, but it's an average shortstop arm and probably a good solid third base arm.

Got it. Yeah, sorry, I didn't mean to imply you were calling his arm a plus for accuracy. Gotta love infield -- can tell you so much in such a little amount of time.

I think the problem he still runs into on the left side is transfer, setting-up and throwing accurately with less time than he currently has at 2B. Good convo; thanks for your thoughts and relaying your convo with Jordan.

I'm not denying that he has potential but all he has done is put up numbers in a glorified high school. There has been many player that preformed very well in the GCL and never amount to anything. But then again Big Mac you have perfect logic. I'm not only one that thinks my freind Stotle also:

It's funny because Stotle and I actually both ranked Hoes #11. I actually voted Erbe here but I would have no problem with him being ranked #9.

The fact that you said he hasn't proven anything yet was flawed logic. So far he's lived up to his high draft status, and the plate discipline he showed this year is impressive at any level, especially for an 18 year-old kid.

As far as the bolded part goes, that was an uncalled for cheap shot, but I've come to expect nothing less from you so I'm not really surprised.

Archived