Terps game thread

Oriole4Life

Pathetic end to the regular season, losing to Northwestern and Penn State.  Disappointed but not surprised because this is par for the course for Turgeon.  Seems like the team has fallen off a cliff every March since he’s been here.  Hopefully we miss the tournament and Turgeon is shown the door. 

1 minute ago, Oriole4Life said:

Extremely disappointing.  A loss at Northwestern I can somewhat understand, but not at home to Penn State on senior night.  I believe they will need to beat Michigan State to make the tournament.  Game could be for Turgeon's job.   

He's got two years left on his deal.  Will the school be willing to eat over 5M?

26 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

He's got two years left on his deal.  Will the school be willing to eat over 5M?

Good point.  I am not sure the stipulations of the contract or if that money is guaranteed.  If it is then they would probably ride out the two years.  Then again if alumni and program boosters are mad enough then the AD may feel pressure to act.

2 minutes ago, Oriole4Life said:

Good point.  I am not sure the stipulations of the contract or if that money is guaranteed.  If it is then they would probably ride out the two years.  Then again if alumni and program boosters are mad enough then the AD may feel pressure to act.

If an alumni was willing to write the check...

40 minutes ago, Oriole4Life said:

The problem with riding it out is that you pretty much guarantee poor recruiting as having an obvious lame duck HC will be used against them in recruiting.   Which means the next time you will have a team with quality junior and senior leadership that was recruited by the next head coach will be around 2026.

Ayala with a huge step back 3 at the buzzer to end the first half.  He is leading the team.  Hamilton hit a couple of big 3s too.  Team is doing work at the free throw line.  Stepped up the defense after a rough start.  Defense is their calling card!  See if Turgeon can keep them focused.  Must win.

Well they played really well for about 16 minutes, then they let the game get away from them.  Stopped hitting 3s and stopped playing defense.  Michigan took advantage of our lack of size and abused us inside.  Juwan Howard and Turgeon had a little tiff and Howard got ejected.  Maryland responded but then Michigan just started hitting every shot.  They are a dangerous team, I expect them to win the Big 10 tourney and make a run to the Final 4.

On to the NCAA.  If they can win a single game I will be impressed.  The fact that they are even there is impressive.

Playing #7 Connecticut.  I only saw them play a few times this year, Bouknight is a dangerous scorer.  They have a couple big dudes that can bang down low.  They seem to shoot the ball fairly well, but that can change if Maryland plays solid defense.  We'll see.