Terps game thread

Oriole4Life

7 hours ago, Oriole4Life said:

Playing #7 Connecticut.  I only saw them play a few times this year, Bouknight is a dangerous scorer.  They have a couple big dudes that can bang down low.  They seem to shoot the ball fairly well, but that can change if Maryland plays solid defense.  We'll see.

I think UConn is under-ranked at 7 and I'm not feeling great about this matchup.  On the other hand, if we can get past them, I think Bama is beatable. 

That said, Bouknight is questionable so if he doesn't play or isn't 100% it opens things up a bit. 

6 hours ago, Hallas said:

I think UConn is under-ranked at 7 and I'm not feeling great about this matchup.  On the other hand, if we can get past them, I think Bama is beatable. 

That said, Bouknight is questionable so if he doesn't play or isn't 100% it opens things up a bit. 

Oh I didn't know Bouknight was questionable, that is a critical factor.  I don't really feel great about the matchup either, I was looking at the stats and UConn is good defensively as well.  We all know Maryland has times where they are completely stagnant offensively.  It all comes down to the 3 ball imo.  If we are hitting them we are good.  Then it will be up to Morsell and company to wreak havoc defensively and get some turnovers.  

Alabama may be beatable (every team is), but I actually like them to make the Final 4 believe it or not.  I watched them earlier in the year as well as the SEC championship game against LSU and they absolutely light it up from beyond the arc and elsewhere.  They run up and down the court too.  I think they are dangerous.  They do have some limitations defensively though, so...anything is possible!

I said if the Terps played solid defense they could win, and that is precisely what they did!  Amazing defensive intensity!  About the only thing they didn't do well was rebound, if they did they could have won by 20.  How good has Eric Ayala been these past several weeks?  He has been driving strong and shooting amazingly well.  Him and Wiggins were sharp from beyond the arc.  When they shoot like that and play lock down defense they can beat anybody.