McHugh

wildcard

Free agent right-hander Collin McHugh will throw in front of interested teams on January 16, reports Jake Kaplan of the Athletic (Twitter link). The 33-year-old opted out of the 2020 season after failing to recuperate as hoped from a December 2019 elbow surgery. However, McHugh is again drawing interest from teams after recovering from that procedure, Kaplan notes. The former Astro had plenty of success from 2015-18, working in both a starting and relief role.

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2021/01/free-agency-notes-mchugh-tigers-sugano-red-sox.html

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Jagwar said:

Is there really any chance that he will consider the O's?

He should consider anyone that would actually sign him and give him a guaranteed contract.

He was high on my list last offseason but he hasn’t pitched in almost 2 years (especially by the time the season starts) and is “old”.   

• Upvote 1

Sounds like he's someone the O's should take a flyer on.  Wonder if he would sign for around $2 mill w/ incentives and an option.  Would be nice to have the ability to control him for 2022, just in case the O's prospects are ready for the majors and the O's can compete for the wildcard in 2022. 

• Upvote 1

I have loved Collin McHugh since before his Astro days. He broke my heart by being silent during the cheating scandal, but I’m inclined to forgive him.

he has a wonderful blog called “another day older another day wiser” where you can get a real sense of the man himself.

I have always wanted him to be an Oriole.

• Upvote 1