What is more annoying?

PaulBako

What is more annoying?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. What is more annoying?

• The Rays cowbells at Tropicana field
    • The Indians drums at the Jake

The "Heckler" is about as annoying as it gets. If I lived in Tampa I would stay at home just to avoid that guy. Seeing how many people do show up at Rays games, it seems like a lot of people agree with me.

He is annoying on television, so I can't imagine how much more annoying he must be in person.

The Orioles announcers claim that that guy can be funny sometimes, but you can't hear what he's saying over the tv. It just sounds like a very grating continuous screaming.

He is annoying on television, so I can't imagine how much more annoying he must be in person.

The Orioles announcers claim that that guy can be funny sometimes, but you can't hear what he's saying over the tv. It just sounds like a very grating continuous screaming.

That guy is really loud, which leads me to one conclusion....it must be D|ck Vitale

I resent that term, since I don't want to have myself associated with that kind of "collective conscience" :laughlol:

But you are, or could be. Jim Morrison exploited what I mean all the time, in small social groups and large audiences alike. Much to both of their detriments btw... :P

"Collective Mind" I think, is the term Jerry Hopkins and Danny Sugerman used in their book No One Here Gets Out Alive. The mentality of someone, in concert with the crowd around them is different than the mentality of that person by himself. It's just a fascinating slice of Sociology to me, has been for a long while.

Are the Rays cowbells at Tropicana field or the Indians big drums at the Jake more annoying?

Out of those two, I think the cowbell is more annoying.

The big drums at the Jake has history (no it's not the Rays fault they don't have any) and it's not a give away noise maker either.

I really hate it when teams hand out noisemakers to all the fans. Do they have that little faith in their fans that they think they can't be loud enough on their own? :)

Reminds me when I was a kid at Memorial Stadium. I used to love the sound from banging the bleachers.

The "Heckler" is about as annoying as it gets. If I lived in Tampa I would stay at home just to avoid that guy. Seeing how many people do show up at Rays games, it seems like a lot of people agree with me.

Absolutely, even before they got good this was the single most annoying thing, ever. I really got violent urges from that clown. At least with more fans in the stands we may not hear him.

I can deal with the cowbells, they're not nearly as loud as the drums or the sticks. But it's the dreaded terrible towels and the cringing sound of "We Are Famalee" that so hauntingly burns in my distant memory. (the more distant the better).

Now that that's off my chest, IMO Andy already knows the formula that put the Rays where they are, and with the continued non interference from Pete, (praying hands), can get us to, at the least, respectability and at best, MLB kingdom. Maybe that's pie in the sky, but I think he's our best shot to get us there in many a year.

Archived