MASN now streaming.

eddie83

10 minutes ago, MurphDogg said:

MASN is also getting rid of several Nats announcers (or are they just studio guys?) and cutting the Nats pre and post-game shows, and they aren't happy about it. Perhaps they should negotiate with the Orioles for ownership of their tv rights.

This strikes as some bizarre game of hardball that the O’s and MASN are playing.    My gut tells me that another litigation/arbitration will be forthcoming over this.   

46 minutes ago, MurphDogg said:

I understand, they make cord-cutting complicated with all the bundling. We have Hulu through Spotify and I paid a discounted annual fee for Disney+. I have considered ESPN+ for Bundesliga soccer (go Dortmund!) which I got into when it was among the first sports back early on with the pandemic, but have yet to pull the trigger, probably will in the fall when college football is back to normal as well.

Yep, ESPN+ not only has Bundesliga, but also Serie A, Dutch Eredivisie, FA cup matches (just watched Spurs pull their butts out of the fire against Wycombe Wanderers), and English Championship.  That's a lot of soccer, and I watch a fair amount.  Many things that used to be on, say, Fox Sports are now on ESPN+.  And some things you could never really get anywhere.  Disney is really only for Star Wars, I wouldn't pay for it separately. 

I found this quote interesting.

“MASN will continue, as we have for the last 15 years, to broadcast more than 300 baseball games and 600 30-minute pre- and post-game shows,” said John McGuinness, Senior Vice President of Marketing and General Sales Manager of the Mid-Atlantic Sports Network. 

I guess that could mean two 15 minute shows but that's not how it reads to me...?

1 hour ago, DrungoHazewood said:

Also, MASN is developing an app.  Who else expects it to be, well, less than state of the art, and not available on a bunch of platforms?  I have a Roku smart TV, so fully expect it to not be available on Roku.  This is the same network that was broadcasting in standard definition like three years after everyone else went HD.

Where's @RShack to tell us how huge of an investment it is to develop an app, and how it's unrealistic it is to expect any network to get this going in under 24 months? :)

The press release says it will work on Roku and others.

Well, if Brett Hollander is returning, I’m glad the O’s traded Iglesias.  It made my skin crawl every time Hollander pronounced it “INglesias.”

I  have subscribed  AT&T Now since it was DirecTV Now.  My package includes Fox Sports Southwest, which gives me access to the Fox Sports web site, which also shows a bunch of stuff not shown one the RSN feed.  

MASN never seemed to be interested in increasing their footprint by carrying other teams/leagues.  Shame, really.  It could have been cool.  Perhaps it’s actually MASN that is trimming costs in preparation for a sale?  FOX Sports Mid-Atlantic, anyone?

14 minutes ago, MCO'sFan said:

I found this quote interesting.

“MASN will continue, as we have for the last 15 years, to broadcast more than 300 baseball games and 600 30-minute pre- and post-game shows,” said John McGuinness, Senior Vice President of Marketing and General Sales Manager of the Mid-Atlantic Sports Network. 

I guess that could mean two 15 minute shows but that's not how it reads to me...?

That would make sense because Rob Long and Brett Hollander are employed on the broadcast team and they are not play-by-play announcers. 

3 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

....exactly.  I'd pay more for MLB.tv because it would mean I am NOT PAYING FOR CABLE.  I'd probably drop my YoutubeTV subscription and just pick it up again in the winter months to be able to watch football.  I don't even watch that much espn anymore.

Local advertising I think is the big issue. 

When I’ve had Sunday Ticket you have to watch the local games on the local channels for that reason. Not that it is an inconvenience. 

4 hours ago, BohKnowsBmore said:

Not sure how that’s BS necessarily. Pretty common for streaming games. For example, I can stream big ten games on fox sports app, but I need a cable subscription to access. This is still positive news in that it will allow me to watch/listen games when I’m not home or in range of Orioles radio broadcasts 

I’m excited to be able to watch when I can’t be in front of the TV. ?

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, ChipTait said:

Well, if Brett Hollander is returning, I’m glad the O’s traded Iglesias.  It made my skin crawl every time Hollander pronounced it “INglesias.”

I  have subscribed  AT&T Now since it was DirecTV Now.  My package includes Fox Sports Southwest, which gives me access to the Fox Sports web site, which also shows a bunch of stuff not shown one the RSN feed.  

MASN never seemed to be interested in increasing their footprint by carrying other teams/leagues.  Shame, really.  It could have been cool.  Perhaps it’s actually MASN that is trimming costs in preparation for a sale?  FOX Sports Mid-Atlantic, anyone?

You need MLB.Tv or Extra Innings where you live. You get that you won’t miss an Orioles game. 

The whole streaming or cable/satellite conversation just goes around in circles to me. Channels are still bundled. 

I pay over $150 for DirecTV.  Upgraded internet to a broadband provider and that is $75 a month. Watch Amazon Prime, MLBTV but that is it.  I would probably have to spend another $75 for the best internet to have confidence in it where I live. The upstairs TV can be real choppy trying to stream.