On the verge on a media nightmare.

wildcard

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gawd, I hope the Rays crush 'em tonight.

The fact that no one will watch the world series is a direct consequence of the national sports media's pandering to NY/BOS/CHI/LA.

Maybe if they devoted a tenth of their Manny soap opera airtime to explaining and exploring the personalities and abilities of the Rays, they might have helped developed a national interest in that team.

Idiots.

As somebody who's biggest goal right now is to be come a member of the esteemed fraternity we are discussing, let me just say that anyone who cares more about TV ratings than the game itself, and is willing to discuss this as a serious and pressing issue, can go fornicate themselves with an iron stick.

Bunch of maroons.

Apparently Philadelphia is the 4th largest market in the country, so I don't think that's a big deal. Tampa would be the problem imo.

Obviously an LA-BOS series would have been huge, but probably more so due to the story-lines, familiarity with the players, and the love/hate factor rather than media market size.

Did Tampa lose the series tonight?

That is one terrible loss.

Umm...No!

They lost the chance to close out the series, and they lost momentum, how about we leave it at that instead of asking a cold pizza question?

Archived