DL Hall 2021

Just Regular

20 minutes ago, waynebug said:

You're absolutely right.  Way worse control than in college.  Only walked a little over 4 per 9 innings at T A&M.  Maybe Miami was smart to pass on him and take Max Meyer.  But I don't prefer short  righthanders.

For me, I thought he would cut his walks and keep his dominate strikeout stuff when he pitched professionally full time.  A reasonable assumption..

The guy is also 6'4" and over 200 lbs.  He's a horse.  Watch his video.

I watched him quite a bit at aTm. I'm surprised he's having this much trouble.

On 9/17/2021 at 9:36 PM, waynebug said:

You're absolutely right.  Way worse control than in college.  Only walked a little over 4 per 9 innings at T A&M.  Maybe Miami was smart to pass on him and take Max Meyer.  But I don't prefer short  righthanders.

For me, I thought he would cut his walks and keep his dominate strikeout stuff when he pitched professionally full time.  A reasonable assumption..

The guy is also 6'4" and over 200 lbs.  He's a horse.  Watch his video.

That’s a really high walk rate in college.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
12 hours ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Well he's not lacking in confidence at least. 

I'm not over exaggerating when I say his stuff last year was some of, if not the best I've ever seen in the minor leagues. He just has to stay healthy and get the ball over the plate enough to stick as a starter. If he does, watch out, the stuff is incredible.

1 hour ago, Tony-OH said:

I'm not over exaggerating when I say his stuff last year was some of, if not the best I've ever seen in the minor leagues. He just has to stay healthy and get the ball over the plate enough to stick as a starter. If he does, watch out, the stuff is incredible.

IF healthy, he gives me the Scherzer vibes.  Tons of stuff and just needs to hone his craft.  But I'm a sucker for these high risk/high reward type guys!

Edited by btdart20
typos