Orioles Spring Training Player Health Updates

SteveA

19 hours ago, scOtt said:

I hate to hear "oblique"! Even if it's "very slight and already healing." They take so long to heal and affect hitters and pitchers equally as bad, in different ways for each.

Same reaction when I hear a pitcher has blisters on their pitching hand. Usually it’s not that serious, but other times a pitcher gets sidelined or is made ineffective for quite awhile. 

Freddy Galvis was scratched from today's lineup for an undisclosed reason.

Richie Martin (recovering from hamate bone surgery) has begun taking batting practice.

Alex Wells (oblique) is now "able to play catch".

Chris Davis remains day to day.

2 hours ago, SteveA said:

Freddy Galvis was scratched from today's lineup for an undisclosed reason.

Richie Martin (recovering from hamate bone surgery) has begun taking batting practice.

Alex Wells (oblique) is now "able to play catch".

Chris Davis remains day to day.

It has been disclosed:  sore hip

49 minutes ago, wildcard said:

I think we would have heard if he arrived in camp.  I think he is still recovering at home.

Normally I would agree. But are any beat writers actually in Sarasota covering the team so they would see him?  Or is all the coverage via Zoom?

If no one is actually there then all we really know is what the team chooses to announce.

22 hours ago, SteveA said:

DJ Stewart "tweaked a hamstring" beating out a ground ball in the 2nd inning today and was taken out of the game for a pinch runner.

A day later, Hyde says DJ is still sore and will "miss a little time".  Should be back next week.

Davis:  "being examined by other doctors" as his back is still sore.

DJ Stewart:  "hamstring is improving".   Hyde says he expects him to be in the lineup again "next week".   Of course he said on Friday that he would be "back next week", and it is now next week from last Friday.

Richie Martin recovering from hamate surgery, working out.   Hopes to have game action by this weekend.

38 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Davis:  "being examined by other doctors" as his back is still sore.

DJ Stewart:  "hamstring is improving".   Hyde says he expects him to be in the lineup again "next week".   Of course he said on Friday that he would be "back next week", and it is now next week from last Friday.

Richie Martin recovering from hamate surgery, working out.   Hopes to have game action by this weekend.

Witch doctor?

• Haha 1