Orioles considering Franco?

Sports Guy

I'll be rooting for an Iglesian year two option if it happens.   He might be the '22 team's best option from here until Gunnar leapfrogs.    The '22 Orioles should be a lot more fun to be part of than the '22 Rockies.

Maikel, Jahmai, Adley and Yusniel and the lineup could get up to 8/9ths interesting this summer.   

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ChipTait said:

I was hoping for Wander. I'm good with Maikel. He wouldn't be blocking anyone. I could see him liking to hit in Camden Yards while playing for his next contract. Maybe we catch some lightning in a bottle like we did with Nelson Cruz. If not, no harm done.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, wildcard said:

Not as good defensive at 3B as Ruiz but a better hitter.   I just listen to Elias say he thought they were done with signing FAs but he might add someone from the waiver wire who has been playing in ST with another team.

GM speak

It's Heyman so whatever. But no reason to think the Os wouldn't at least check to see if they can get a good deal. Pretty classic deadline trade kind of guy. Upgrade over Ruiz for sure. 

Ultimately $4-8 mil sounds a little steep for the chance at a trade chip. And it's definitely too steep for simply upgrading the offense a bit in a rebuild year. Would I be for it? Oh hell yeah.