Orioles Home Opener

Dipper9

1 hour ago, SteveA said:

One caveat -- the Sun notes that it is always up to the local jurisdiction, even when the state limits are removed.   So the Baltimore mayor still would have to allow this to be implemented.

How civilized!  Here in Texas, every time the Gov makes a statewide proclamation, he adds a caveat specifically targeted toward the "Liberal Mayors" of the urban areas disallowing any type of local control.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, SteveA said:

Great news!   Hope tickets go on sale soon.

Looks like 50% capacity.   Which means that except for Opening Day and a few other games, we can effectively have as many fans as we usually do.

If the 50 percent holds up, it might inconvenience some NYY fans. I guess we'll just have to live with that.   ?

• Upvote 1

I’m worried my wife isn’t going to want me to go to games even once we’re both vaccinated.   She’s somewhat immunocompromised and really conservative on taking risks on this subject.   Problem is, I’ve already paid for the tickets (four tickets to eight games) and I doubt they’ll be easy to shed.   

15 hours ago, Dipper9 said:

Hogan just announced limited fans will be permitted to be at Orioles games, including Opening Day.  I sure hope there is some reward for those of us who have kept our season tickets through all of this mess.

Now I am excited for baseball!!!

How many "limited fans?"

Last I heard/read MD's limit was 250.

10 hours ago, Frobby said:

I’m worried my wife isn’t going to want me to go to games even once we’re both vaccinated.   She’s somewhat immunocompromised and really conservative on taking risks on this subject.   Problem is, I’ve already paid for the tickets (four tickets to eight games) and I doubt they’ll be easy to shed.   

No offense bud...

GOD I'm glad I don't have one of those!

4 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

With fans now allowed in the stands from day one, will this impact the Davis decision?

Probably not but they now know they will have that revenue from day one and 50% capacity is still more than what the Os will sell on a huge majority of nights anyway.

Not with the possibility of a strike/lock out next season.

Interested to see what they eventually land on as far as capacity goes.  

If Baltimore keeps capacity lower than the state guidance (say...25%), my guess is that they would only open the lower bowl for opening day.  It's a lot of extra labour and support needed for the entire stadium.  

It would be really cool if they could get an exemption to go over the capacity limit for vaccinated front-line medical workers in the club level. Even cooler if the club distributed blocks of those tickets to local hospitals. Those folks have earned a day at the ballpark.  

• Thanks 1