O's vs Pirates Mar 11th

Tony-OH

3 minutes ago, Beef Supreme said:

That ball was crushed, for sure.

But I saw three really weakly hit balls. I am trying to see a bright side in that. But I haven't been watching the whole time, so i am more asking the question rather than answering it.

LOL, no I don't disagree with you.  Your post just struck me funny, like the scene in "A Few Good Men" that I posted.  Not a disagreement, just humor.  ?

19 minutes ago, Beef Supreme said:

Except for the big homerun allowed, I only saw soft contact vs. Felix.

Average exit velocity off him was 93.1 MPH through two innings. He's allowed three "hard hit" balls in two innings. He's had two soft contacts one at 77 and one at 80. I'd say he's been barreled up pretty good based on the EVs.

20 minutes ago, scOtt said:

Pitt broadcast are so terrible. Too many interviews, had the 2Bman micced last inning. Ignore the Orioles.

They have radar at least...

Umm, it's there broadcast and spring training are typically spent with these kinds of interactions. The mic'd up things are great and I really enjoyed the catcher during the last broadcast. 

I actually think their broadcasters are pretty good, but their in studio analyst was terrrible. 

It's not their fault MASN choose to not bring one single Orioles game to TV this spring. It's absolutely awful and embarrassing. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Tony-OH said:

Average exit velocity off him was 93.1 MPH through two innings. He's allowed three "hard hit" balls in two innings. He's had two soft contacts one at 77 and one at 80. I'd say he's been barreled up pretty good based on the EVs.

Yikes. I saw a popup to shallow left, a swinging bunt to 3B and a mulit-hop groundout in the first two innings. Just getting back to it now.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• There’s another accomplishment from 1983 I’d like to match.  
    • I'm more of a Prime Number guy, I'm happy enough with 89. Round numbers are for suckers.   Pretty disheartening they haven't managed to reach that relatively meager goal in 40 years.
    • Still with a chance to do this for the first time since 1982-83. Would be one more nice accomplishment for this organization. 
    • The weird thing about our bullpen is that they rarely blow leads.   They have a 69% save rate, 4th highest in baseball.  They make it scary, but generally, when they have the lead, they get the job done.   Where they are really bad is keeping games close when we’re down a run or two, last night being a classic example of that.   This year’s team has 32 comeback wins, compared to 48 last year.   Why is that?   Part of it is obviously on the offense, but part of it is that the bullpen doesn’t keep us in striking distance when we’re behind.   One way you can tell this is by the W/L records of the starters and the bullpen.  Last year, the starters were 57-40, this year they’re 60-49.   The starter got the decision 12 more times this year than last year, including 9 more losses (with 3 games to play).   That tells you that when the team is losing when the starter is pulled, they keep losing.  Meanwhile, the relievers were 44-21 last year, 28-22 now. They’re not picking up wins because they don’t give the offense a chance to catch up and get the win for the bullpen guy.    
    • I do not disagree with above posts.  Also I am pretty sure that this time last season, the Texas Rangers Hangout was saying the exact same things as the Rangers Pen.  Point being, you never know until you know.  The pen is shaky, but is capable of putting together a solid run from time to time.  
    • Roster Resource thinks it has tonight's lineup and Kjerstad on bench again. He is 7 AB shy of 130 MLB regular season AB with 3 games left, and if he ends up short some prospect list makers may still label him one.    If still with the Orioles, he will be 26 years old by Sarasota. I think the OP has its answer as it has been Cole and Lopez these two nights and the team is preparing for that intensity.
    • I care I bet the over on 88 wins, looked like a lock now not so much, come on O’s, daddy needs some new shoes
  • Popular Contributors