Spring Training Stat: The Elephant in the Room

Beef Supreme

4 hours ago, Aristotelian said:

That's the elephant in the room? I am actually surprised he is hitting as well as he is, apparently healthy and passing the eye test. He's got a homer and is 30 points off his career OPS. I wouldn't even call that a power outage. Closer to mouse than elephant. 

Elephants are afraid of mice.  Just ask anyone who grew up watching Looney Tunes cartoons!

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, BohKnowsBmore said:

Trey 2/2 to start today with an oppo HR just now 

This one makes me feel even better than the first HR. After the first HR, he had a hanger that he missed for a shallow pop to left with a really soft sound to the bat. Good for Trey!

Glad to see Trey hitting for power and looking like his old self. Still this wasn't a "pointless" thread. It was something to keep an eye on with Mancini coming back from what he went through. I think he proved that's its nothing to be worried about. We're all happy.

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Tony-OH said:

Glad to see Trey hitting for power, and looking like his old self Still, this wasn't a "pointless" thread. It was something to keep an eye on with Mancini coming back from what he went through. I think that he proved that its nothing to be worried about. We're all happy.

o

I think so, too. Perhaps the wording of the title could have been different, but keeping a general eye on the player whom is recovering from cancer is/was definitely noteworthy.

o

3 hours ago, OFFNY said:

o

I think so, too. Perhaps the wording of the title could have been different, but keeping a general eye on the player whom is recovering from cancer is/was definitely noteworthy.

o

That might've been the reason why some were off put on this thread, good call. Still, it was something worth discussing at the time and thankfully Trey answered the question. 

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

That might've been the reason why some were off put on this thread, good call. Still, it was something worth discussing at the time and thankfully Trey answered the question. 

I think this is it. I think the same discussion labeled, "something to keep an eye on," would have been much more well received than "the elephant in the room," which implies something being an obviously big deal that people are tip-toeing around.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...