4-4 goin fer tha Sweep vs Boston!

HowAboutThat

10 minutes ago, ChosenOne21 said:

Don't like pulling Zimmerman at 73 pitches. Yes, yes, I know, inning totals last year, but still

What was his highest pitch total in camp?  I know he didn't always start games like some of the others did 

o

Zimmermann was very pitch-efficient, and had an excellent Strikes-to-Balls ratio )(54 )Strikes, )19 )Balls.)

18 OUTS: )  5 Strikeouts, 5 Groundouts, 4 Lineouts, 3 Flyouts, 1 Foulout

BRUCE ANTHONY ZIMMERMAN )))))))) (FINAL NUMBERS)

IP:lll6

H:llll.4 ) l(1 Home Run, 2 Doubles, 1 Single)

R:llll 3

BB:ll1

SO:ll5

Pitches: l) 73 )(54 )Strikes, )19 )Balls)

2021 ERA: l) 4.50 )  6.00 IP  (3 ER) 

2021 WHIP: l)  0.833  )  6.00 IP  (5 H/BB) 

2021 OPPONENTS BATTING AVG: l)  .190  )(4 for 21)   

PITCHES BY INNING  

10 llll(7lllStrikes, ll.lllBalls)

10 llll(8lllStrikes, ll.lllBalls)

11 llll(10 lllStrikes, lllllllBalls)

22 llll.(13 llllStrikes, llllllllBalls)

o

2 minutes ago, Beef Supreme said:

It ensures his QS. Makes him leave on a really high note. And he will get the W unless the slim chance of the pen allowing 7 runs in 3 innings comes true. Plus this is his third MLB appearance! Use kid gloves. Build on the good.

And if the wins and losses don't count, I can't see a reason to not protect Zimmerman.

Don't care about the QS, leaving on a high note, or the W. If Zimmerman can't deal with that kind of adversity, he likely doesn't have the mental fortitude to be a professional athlete. 

The reason not to "protect" Zimmerman is because like you said it's his third major league start and he could use the experience pitching at the major league level. Would also not like to go to the bullpen if we don't have to. It's a long season

1 minute ago, scOtt said:

His command was suddenly off in the 6th also.

I didn't watch, but if his command was really slipping, I guess maybe it's justifiable. Still, we're up by 7. Seems like a good time for the starter to eat innings so we can save the relievers for a closer game

Just now, ChosenOne21 said:

Don't care about the QS, leaving on a high note, or the W. If Zimmerman can't deal with that kind of adversity, he likely doesn't have the mental fortitude to be a professional athlete. 

The reason not to "protect" Zimmerman is because like you said it's his third major league start and he could use the experience pitching at the major league level. Would also not like to go to the bullpen if we don't have to. It's a long season

I didn't watch, but if his command was really slipping, I guess maybe it's justifiable. Still, we're up by 7. Seems like a good time for the starter to eat innings so we can save the relievers for a closer game

Or get rule V guys into a game.

7 minutes ago, Beef Supreme said:

It ensures his QS. Makes him leave on a really high note. And he will get the W unless the slim chance of the pen allowing 7 runs in 3 innings comes true. Plus this is his third MLB appearance! Use kid gloves. Build on the good.

And if the wins and losses don't count, I can't see a reason to not protect Zimmerman.

QS is a bs statistic. Would have liked to see him out for the 7th but it was a defensible decision. Not sure he was taking him out on a high note though. 

Cool that you don't care. But Zimmerman and Hyde and Holt and Elias all care about how Zimmerman feels - physically and emotionally - after this start.

If Zimmerman can't deal with that kind of adversity, he likely doesn't have the mental fortitude to be a professional athlete. 

There is no justification for declaring that removing him from this game is  a failure of his nor management's. i don't know what got you so worked up, but you are trying to turn success into tragedy.

• Upvote 1