4-4 goin fer tha Sweep vs Boston!

HowAboutThat

Just now, Beef Supreme said:

Cool that you don't care. But Zimmerman and Hyde and Holt and Elias all care about how Zimmerman feels - physically and emotionally - after this start.

There is no justification for declaring that removing him from this game is  a failure of his nor management's. i don't know what got you so worked up, but you are trying to turn success into tragedy.

Or, hopefully more success. How should we determine when leaving the starter in is turning success into tragedy?

5 minutes ago, ChosenOne21 said:

Don't care about the QS, leaving on a high note, or the W. If Zimmerman can't deal with that kind of adversity, he likely doesn't have the mental fortitude to be a professional athlete. 

The reason not to "protect" Zimmerman is because like you said it's his third major league start and he could use the experience pitching at the major league level. Would also not like to go to the bullpen if we don't have to. It's a long season

I didn't watch, but if his command was really slipping, I guess maybe it's justifiable. Still, we're up by 7. Seems like a good time for the starter to eat innings so we can save the relievers for a closer game

Sulser is going down when Armstrong gets back. It’s logical to let him pitch and save the bullpen arms, and it’s good to let Zimm depart on a high note. Yes, he could probably have gone a bit longer, but letting him go after 6 is fine.

Just now, ChosenOne21 said:

Since when is Cole Sulser a multi-inning guy?

Hyde and everyone else they wanted to stretch as many relievers out in ST. At least able to throw 2 innings. I don't know for a fact Sulser did it, but it's likely he did.

1 minute ago, Philip said:

Sulser is going down when Armstrong gets back. It’s logical to let him pitch and save the bullpen arms, and it’s good to let Zimm depart on a high note. Yes, he could probably have gone a bit longer, but letting him go after 6 is fine.

All true but some of these guys haven’t pitched yet. Had no issue with Zimmerman but perfect game to throw the Rule 5 guys.  

Just now, ChosenOne21 said:

Or, hopefully more success. How should we determine when leaving the starter in is turning success into tragedy?

He was fortunate to escape the 6th inning allowing only one run while he was losing command. He was already on his third time through the order. Failure was lurking.