What a start!

Moose Milligan

9 hours ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

It's only a three game series, but the Red Sox look terrible. It's interesting, I hate the Yankees as a team more than the Red Sox, but the Red Sox fans I loathe with a passion. They're the worst fanbase in MLB and it really isn't close IMO. 

Nothing was worse in the 2000's than the waves of Red Sox fans that would invade downtown and the Inner Harbor for an Orioles/Red Sox series. "Sore winner" is a term invented for Red Sox fans.  

Have to agree. Very annoying fan base. Bandwagon nation.

Our competitiveness really is simple. It’s about the arms. We pitched really well and won 2 games with a modest offense. Hays is a concern but I think overall our lineup while below average will not be embarrassingly bad. 

18 hours ago, Frobby said:

Objectively, the Red Sox don’t look very good.   Definitely enjoyed beating them though.   

Don’t forget that the O’s started 4-1 in 2019.    

Yeah, I was pretty surprised the Red Sox were projected for so many wins over the offseason. Their starting pitching is pretty weak with Sale and Eduardo Rodriguez out.

o

(APRIL 9th)

While I will miss Orioles baseball today, perhaps a day off is just what the boys need ...... regroup after that awful defensive game by Mountcastle (although he did contribute an important 2-Run Home Run early in the game on offense), and try to redeem themselves against the Red Sox on Saturday night.

o

• 2 weeks later...

OK, I’ll play.   I always liked the 18-game mark because it divides evenly into 162.   Just multiply everything by 9.

Trey Mancini, 36 HR and 108 RBI.   I’ll take it despite the horrible .194 BA and subpar .675 OPS.

Maikel Franco: .704 OPS but 135 RBI.   Take it!

Freddie Galvis: .813 OPS and 90 runs scored.    Take it!

Cedric Mullins: .870 OPS.   Take it!

Everone else: not so much.   The team is on pace to score 639 runs.  3.94 per game - that’s bad.   Projected strikeouts: Mountcastle 207, Mancini 180, Galvis and Santander 153 each.   Averaging a cool 10.0 K per game as a team.

Meanwhile though the team has a 4.16 ERA/107 ERA+.    I’ll take that any day of the week and twice on Sundays.   The starters have been below average (4.75 ERA) but not epically bad, and the relievers have done a nice job for the most part (3.38).

The defense and fundamentals have not been good and I’m hoping they’ll get better.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Frobby said:

OK, I’ll play.   I always liked the 18-game mark because it divides evenly into 162.   Just multiply everything by 9.

Trey Mancini, 36 HR and 108 RBI.   I’ll take it despite the horrible .194 BA and subpar .675 OPS.

Maikel Franco: .704 OPS but 135 RBI.   Take it!

Freddie Galvis: .813 OPS and 90 runs scored.    Take it!

Cedric Mullins: .870 OPS.   Take it!

Everone else: not so much.   The team is on pace to score 639 runs.  3.94 per game - that’s bad.   Projected strikeouts: Mountcastle 207, Mancini 180, Galvis and Santander 153 each.   Averaging a cool 10.0 K per game as a team.

Meanwhile though the team has a 4.16 ERA/107 ERA+.    I’ll take that any day of the week and twice on Sundays.   The starters have been below average (4.75 ERA) but not epically bad, and the relievers have done a nice job for the most part (3.38).

The defense and fundamentals have not been good and I’m hoping they’ll get better.

Yes, you are permitted twice on Sundays, but only 7 innings each, OK?

• Haha 1