Roch is obsessed with trading Santander

wildcard

16 minutes ago, interloper said:

The reason this is kind of a bad thread is that the topic goes nowhere. Let's say he is obsessed, then what? Well nothing really. If he isn't obsessed, well there's not much there either.

We've also got threads musing on Santander trades already. 

So there's just nothing to talk about here.

Many are like Frobby. He thought there was today's article and maybe a couple in January that Roch had posted about trading Santander.  Its a reoccurring thing with Roch.   I think people should be aware of that.  Roch does influence people's opinions.

29 minutes ago, Philip said:

I’m not saying it’s an obsession at all, I agree with you completely. I agree that there is no vendetta(a poor choice of word, btw) It is his job to write about stuff. I’m just saying he doesn’t do it very well; he’s not a good writer.

A good writer finds interesting things to write about. That’s very hard to do when there’s little news, but doing it is one of the things that separates the wheat from the chaff.

He covers a team that is one of the worst organizations in sports and has to be careful not to step on toes or he gets fired.

Hard to be interesting when that is the case.

18 minutes ago, LookinUp said:

You're a message board poster, not a major newspaper editor, so you can be forgiven pretty easily for getting the story off by a bit.

The story isn't Roch, it's Santander and whether he'll be traded. Roch is somewhat plugged into that issue, so he's posted on it a bit. As others have said, it's his job. 

I am not sure Roch is plugged into what Elias is thinking.

3 minutes ago, wildcard said:

Many are like Frobby. He thought there was today's article and maybe a couple in January that Roch had posted about trading Santander.  Its a reoccurring thing with Roch.   I think people should be aware of that.  Roch does influence people's opinions.

Roch isn’t influencing any opinion and if he is, that person is nothing more than a sheep that can’t think for themselves, so who cares?  You think Elias is more likely to trade him because Roch writes about it?  Lol

Elias has said, with his actual words, that he doesn’t care about winning right now and that he will continue to look to add to inventory.

He has said, with his actions, that he will trade anyone and everyone.

Will he deal Santander?  Who knows.  The writing on the wall, directly from Elias himself, is yes he will trade him and he will trade him sooner than later.

24 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I think Roch is in a somewhat unique position.   He doesn’t write articles for a newspaper, he writes a blog and has to update it 2-4 times a day.   In that circumstance, he’s going to repeat himself, or at times remind readers of what he has reported previously on a topic.   It’s inevitable.   

Understood. But that’s not my point. A good writer minimizes repetition, And writes well.

5 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Will he deal Santander?  Who knows.  The writing on the wall, directly from Elias himself, is yes he will trade him and he will trade him sooner than later.

What?  Which part of this post is correct because you did a 180 in the middle.

I don’t know him though we are friends on FB. Roch’s obsessions include weightlifting, the Orioles, Food and his daughter.

I probably have the order wrong  

I don’t think he is obsessed with trading Santander. However, when he says he just can’t understand why the O’s are not trading Santander and multi quotes Santanders fan club in England....I’ll add Santander to his list of obsessions. 

27 minutes ago, wildcard said:

That's fine, I just think it's a better comment in an already existing thread than a thread on its own. 

I like to think the rebuild is far enough along that if you're going to trade Santander you target a position of need in the organization (3B) with someone who's ready to debut there in 2022 or hold out for a really top-flight prospect rather than more prospect depth. Does Santander fetch that?  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, maudibjr said:

I like Roch's writing style.  

I would not be shocked, mildly surprised maybe , if Santander is traded this year.

Any player that’s not a top prospect is pretty much available for the right price. And even among the top O’s prospects, I'm  betting a select few are truly untouchable. 

5 hours ago, Moshagge3 said:

I like to think the rebuild is far enough along that if you're going to trade Santander you target a position of need in the organization (3B) with someone who's ready to debut there in 2022 or hold out for a really top-flight prospect rather than more prospect depth. Does Santander fetch that?  

I think White Sox may be the right convergence of prospects that satisfy this condition and need (started Andrew Vaughn and Billy Hamilton at the corners tonight).