Bedard on the block?

JTrea81

I wouldn't trade him for any of those packages.

I don't think people realize just how valuable Bedard would be on the trade market...3 players is the cost, not 2.

I would trade him for Loney and Kemp but I doubt the Dodgers would!

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not me...I would like Kemp but i think he is overrated in this board.

I think the Dodgers would make this trade.

I agree any other team it would take 3 players but that is a tough trade to turn down! I doubt LA would part with Loney he is fast becoming a MLer and not a prospect.

Loney in the bigs:

G AB R H 2B 3B HR RBI TB BB SO SB CS OBP SLG AVG

2007 30 102 14 37 6 2 3 17 56 11 13 0 1 .421 .549 .363

Kemp in the bigs:

2007 39 102 18 39 3 2 4 18 58 7 23 3 2 .418 .569 .382

That is a big package!

Loney in the bigs:

2007 30 102 14 37 6 2 3 17 56 11 13 0 1 .421 .549 .363

Kemp in the bigs:

2007 39 102 18 39 3 2 4 18 58 7 23 3 2 .418 .569 .382

That is a big package!

Thats a small sample size but yes those are two very coveted pieces. I would prefer to get back al vats but wouldn't turn down a stud pitching prospect either.

First of all, whether he meant Cabrera or Bedard, those are terrible ideas regardless. Bedard is worth more than that. And he used the "never won 20 games" (in only three full years in the majors, nonetheless) and "only one complete game" arguments to explain why he shouldn't be resigned.

That, and he conjectured that Bedard wouldn't sign an extension when nobody has any way of knowing that. If your main reason to trade a guy is based on a hypothetical which hasn't even been explored yet, you don't have a good argument, period.

Of course, if Bedard says he won't sign an extension, then send him to whoever for three stud prospects. He should be worth that. I mean he's only leading the major leagues in strikeouts. :rolleyes:

Yea, I would deal Bedard, but I'd need 3 big time young players back for him.

LA probably won't happen now with how well Loney has played.

The two best places if you want to trade Bedard are Arizona and the Mets.

From Arizona you get Quentin, Jackson, and a young pitcher.

From the Mets you get Milledge, Gomez and Humber/Pelfrey.

Those are the deals. If they don't want to put up, then we can keep Bedard.

If Bedard doesn't bring back a King's Ransom, there is no way to deal him. If LA won't part with Loney and others, then too bad for them. If Arz won't give up Jackson, Quentin, and some change...no Bedard for them. I don't want to deal him. But, if McPhail is overwhelmed, it has to be considered. This franchise needs a lot of pieces, and he's the one thing who could get us a lot of them. And, even without him, we'd be able to assemble a solid rotation for the future. Obviously, it won't be as good as with him in it. But, a lot of other holes could be plugged.

My line of thought is like this....Weve never given this guy a chance to pitch for even a DECENT O's squad...now if more of you think we arent going to be good at all in the next 2-3 years than it seems yea trade him, To create new building blocks....but if we have hope they can some how fast track this ship to winning I want him on the squad.....hes a gamer to me......

My point is, the packages presented for Bedard had some very intriguing names mentioned.

Yes, the Mets, Dodgers, and Diamondbacks have the most to offer.

If not Clayton Kershaw, the Dodgers have a guy named Elbert they could substitute. I don't think any of us would mind an Elbert/Loney/Billingsley package. I might even consider adding Chris Ray to that deal if it would help any.

The Diamondbacks won't part with Upton nor Chris Young. I'd certainly listen to a deal involving Carlos Gonzalez, Micah Owings (plenty of upside), and Conor Jackson (he'll improve) or Carlos Quentin.

Yes, I'm in agreement that it would take three players to pry Bedard loose. Then again, if one of the players was Justin Upton, I could certainly accept a deal for two.

As for the speculation that Bedard is looking to leave, I have a friend whose buddy works somewhere in the O's organization and has heard rumblings that Erik will split as soon as he's able. Based on the BJ Ryan and Mike Mussina fiascos, is there really any reason to believe he actually WON'T bolt???

My point is, the packages presented for Bedard had some very intriguing names mentioned.

If not Clayton Kershaw, the Dodgers have a guy named Elbert they could substitute. I don't think any of us would mind an Elbert/Loney/Billingsley package. I might even consider adding Chris Ray to that deal if it would help any.

The Diamondbacks won't part with Upton nor Chris Young. I'd certainly listen to a deal involving Carlos Gonzalez, Micah Owings (plenty of upside), and Conor Jackson (he'll improve) or Carlos Quentin.

Yes, I'm in agreement that it would take three players to pry Bedard loose. Then again, if one of the players was Justin Upton, I could certainly accept a deal for two.

As for the speculation that Bedard is looking to leave, I have a friend whose buddy works somewhere in the O's organization and has heard rumblings that Erik will split as soon as he's able. Based on the BJ Ryan and Mike Mussina fiascos, is there really any reason to believe he actually WON'T bolt???

He is done for the year.

You've got to at least see what is out there. If the market is as bleak as it seems a superb package could be a real possibility. If we learn from recent history we know that teams that trade a star pitcher the packages are so good they usually come out way ahead.

Bedard has to be sick of this losing. If we aren't going to commit to winning before 2009 then we should deal him. No way does he sign an extension if we do nothing at the trade deadline and finish 4th again...

So we complain about not having a steady ace and when we finally get one we wanna trade him? Oh okay..

I doubt his value gets any higher than this and if we aren't going to compete until 2009 or later why not trade him at his highest value before he walks?

Archived